• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

What was the grade? 9.2 9.4 9.6 ?

And yes, tool.

Nevermind.... found it

Disheartening getting CGC back and its 9.4 paying 400 n fair market value is 200

doh! and :tonofbricks: and :boo:

That dude is the master of...

photobucket-24098-1360272394465_zpsa3cd30bf.jpg

Maybe I'm being naive but I really hope my Hero Initiative Walking Dead 100 comes back a 9.8. I know each book is a one of a kind of goes to a great cause (which I'm happy I'm a part of) but it sucks to drop that much $$ and it be a lower grade.

I think HI can report him and get it removed. I think the listings said something like "we can't guarantee the CGC grade."

He also has a few backhanded positives as well. as the lame "oops, bought this by accident" BS.

And yes, tool.

Nevermind.... found it

Disheartening getting CGC back and its 9.4 paying 400 n fair market value is 200

Maybe I'm being naive but I really hope my Hero Initiative Walking Dead 100 comes back a 9.8. I know each book is a one of a kind of goes to a great cause (which I'm happy I'm a part of) but it sucks to drop that much $$ and it be a lower grade.

I think a lot of others on here will tell you that with these HI covers, the one of a kind art and the fact they're for a good cause is really what matters, not the CGC grade. Other boardies told me not to even bother getting mine "slabbed," but I decided on it simply because it was free CGC SS and the book would be very well protected in a slab. Was I bummed mine got a 9.2?? Not really. Would I have preferred a 9.8 grade? Why not!

Now if I want to, I can always take it out of the SS slab... maybe get some sigs (Kirkman, Adlard, etc.) at NYCC on the blank back cover. hm ...I just thought of that!

because of the registry, a 9.8 is a must

:hi: TBP! This is true, but you're also one of the ones who told me not be bother getting mine slabbed! lol

I've no horse in a TWD registry set, so it don't matter to me.

Sorry about the crappy photos but here she is :D

To be honest I'm kind of surprised it got a 9.8 when I saw the top corner but hey I'm not complaining :P

1005678_10201910005938924_1771593807_n.jpg

That corner does look a little bad, but it's cool that you still got yourself a 9.8!

My book looks really nice as far as the cover is concerned (corners are great, no visible spine damage), so I assume the grade must've dropped to 9.2 due to something with the inner pages... (shrug)

To be honest I'm kind of surprised it got a 9.8 when I saw the top corner but hey I'm not complaining :P

That corner does look a little bad, but it's cool that you still got yourself a 9.8!

My book looks really nice as far as the cover is concerned (corners are great, no visible spine damage), so I assume the grade must've dropped to 9.2 due to something with the inner pages... (shrug)

Man that thing looks like it is almost a quarter inch. That grader must have been high. Really makes me wonder...

Man that thing looks like it is almost a quarter inch. That grader must have been high. Really makes me wonder...

That pic is pretty disturbing.

I think HI can report him and get it removed. I think the listings said something like "we can't guarantee the CGC grade."

He also has a few backhanded positives as well. as the lame "oops, bought this by accident" BS.

And yes, tool.

Nevermind.... found it

What an absolute insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

I had a guy leave me NEGATIVE feedback on eBay after he bought something on a Saturday night, asked me if I could have it delivered by Wednesday, and I said it was a little ambitious. He got in on Thursday (Four business days after ordering!) and left me a red dot. Messed up my perfect feedback. I was fuming, and eBay did absolutely zero about it.

because of the registry, a 9.8 is a must

I would say that for most issues on the WD registry, but with HI being so rare, I think any grade will be beneficial. To put it another way, the majority of the people on the registry will have an empty slot.

And yes, tool.

Nevermind.... found it

Based on the other stuff he's been buying, he's either into some weird stuff or he works at Medieval Times

On the Signature Series Submission Form that you get when the HI covers make it to there new owner......Far right hand side it has a spot for Fair Market Value. Mine reads $200.00 for each of the first four I got. I really don't care about that. Its a made up number. As far as low grades....I don't care about that either. These are one of a kind. If I were to grade all my pgs. of OA from the Walking Dead Issues, I'm sure a lot would grade lower that 9.8...These are done by hand!!! These are more than an artist signing them. I would hope that they pressed hard with there markers, pencils,and paint brushes to give me there best work. Art work that has a light press tends to fade faster.

On the Signature Series Submission Form that you get when the HI covers make it to there new owner......Far right hand side it has a spot for Fair Market Value. Mine reads $200.00 for each of the first four I got. I really don't care about that. Its a made up number. As far as low grades....I don't care about that either. These are one of a kind. If I were to grade all my pgs. of OA from the Walking Dead Issues, I'm sure a lot would grade lower that 9.8...These are done by hand!!! These are more than an artist signing them. I would hope that they pressed hard with there markers, pencils,and paint brushes to give me there best work. Art work that has a light press tends to fade faster.

Nice in order to claim these as modern and not standard tier they have to claim $200 or less a piece.

So what happens if say a shipment of these coming back ends up lost in the mail? I wonder who would eat the loss due to hugely under insurance these. My guess is HI would be on the hook.