• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

hm Somebody has a lot of pgs. on hold at splash. Looks to be common pgs. I did a lot of common pg. buying when I start collecting. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.....thats just in case someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and is looking for a whipping boy. But sometime if you can ,its better to save for the really cool ones. I sure have paid for some really common pgs. that I look back and wish I had not. Think it was the fear of buy it now or it will be gone forever. But great pgs always seem to float around the markets. But that's just me............

one more thing THE DEAD RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a new collector, I agree with your insights 100%. Though a common page to some may have some special meaning to others. My first purchases from Mark were 3 pages from #102 that just have Andrea and Rick talking, but I loved their interaction, Rick's hopelessness and guilt that came across so clearly in the writing, and the strength that Andrea provided..."It's not your fault when someone dies. It's your fault when the rest of us live." As much as I love that page and the related pages I understand that they don't exactly shine like diamonds in my collection from the outsider's perspective.

Though, like you said, there are *a lot* of pages on hold currently. The last few "on hold" pages that I saw ended up showing up on Anthony's site for sale a few weeks later which makes me wonder.

Me too. I was out all day. Bass4punk (aka CLSwon on the registry) had some great prices, as did jump_ace.

:insane: +1

Thank you to all :foryou: I'll have some more books to add later. I'll try and put a date and time on the title, so everyone can get a chance at some books :)

hm Somebody has a lot of pgs. on hold at splash. Looks to be common pgs. I did a lot of common pg. buying when I start collecting. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.....thats just in case someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and is looking for a whipping boy. But sometime if you can ,its better to save for the really cool ones. I sure have paid for some really common pgs. that I look back and wish I had not. Think it was the fear of buy it now or it will be gone forever. But great pgs always seem to float around the markets. But that's just me............

As a new collector, I agree with your insights 100%. Though a common page to some may have some special meaning to others. My first purchases from Mark were 3 pages from #102 that just have Andrea and Rick talking, but I loved their interaction, Rick's hopelessness and guilt that came across so clearly in the writing, and the strength that Andrea provided..."It's not your fault when someone dies. It's your fault when the rest of us live." As much as I love that page and the related pages I understand that they don't exactly shine like diamonds in my collection from the outsider's perspective.

Though, like you said, there are *a lot* of pages on hold currently. The last few "on hold" pages that I saw ended up showing up on Anthony's site for sale a few weeks later which makes me wonder.

Sometimes the "on hold" drops off or is a typo. #106 page #4 comes to mind, of Negan and Carl's interaction in Negan's room. Where Carl shows Negan his eyehole. Anyways that page was "on hold" for about 3 months. I asked Mark what was the deal and he told me it's back up for sale. So I took it. Maybe the buyer backed out.

Sometimes the "on hold" drops off or is a typo. #106 page #4 comes to mind, of Negan and Carl's interaction in Negan's room. Where Carl shows Negan his eyehole. Anyways that page was "on hold" for about 3 months. I asked Mark what was the deal and he told me it's back up for sale. So I took it. Maybe the buyer backed out.

I tried to buy that page May 24th when it was "on hold," though I don't think Mark got back to me nor did I expect him to given its status. It's a great page!

Edited by RPcnuwm

Not sure where this is coming from, but whats wrong with what someone chooses to buy when it comes to ANYTHING, but specifically WD OA in this case?

Everyone has their own price point of what they are able to and/or want to spend.

for me, about a year ago now, i decided i wanted some WD OA pages that had characters on them. i knew that i was not going to be a "big player" in the OA Game, but wanted some anyway, because they are all "one of a kind"

im glad i grabbed what i did, but cause shortly after NYCC last year, the OA Market took a CRAZY spike upwards, and i am long priced out of that market.

There's nothing wrong with what you buy E. This is what has happened to the WD. It's blown up beyond some peoples means. I want a WD cover so bad, that it kills me when they are all bought up for prices I can't even fathom. I can't justify spending $4k+ on a cover. In my eyes all I would see when I hung up the art work on my wall, would be $$$ dollar signs. Everything's gonna be ok..... (thumbs u

A wise man once told me "Hey calm down, were all collectors here." I believe his name was ThoseBackPages.

I spoke to Goran Sudzuka yesterday (really really nice guy, you could do worse than check out his recent work on Ghosted) and he explained that all the pages for YTLM on splash are on hold because they were bought by one person who is paying them off in installments and as long as that continues then the pages are on hold until completion. Just got chatting about them begause I mentioned I had one and he said "well you must have bought it quite some time ago now".

If you are going to buy a lot of something from one place I would imagine you can barter for discount and payment terms... I can't see TWD is an exception here. It's just good customer service to offer some flexibility on large purchases. You may well be right that it is another dealer when they are selling so well at the higher prices... certainly not to be ruled out.

Can't call it because this would be a strange purchase for a private collector or a dealer (shrug)

http://splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=19689&ArtistId=84&Details=0&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

2013 saw the exit of a LOT of collectors on this message board, thats for sure. Well, at least the ones that participate

Do you think it was the prices that shot up? Or people just getting out at its height and selling? I have bought from some of those collectors in the beginning. On a good note I have seen new collectors and have been contacted by a few. So I think that's good.

2013 saw the exit of a LOT of collectors on this message board, thats for sure. Well, at least the ones that participate

Do you think it was the prices that shot up? Or people just getting out at its height and selling? I have bought from some of those collectors in the beginning. On a good note I have seen new collectors and have been contacted by a few. So I think that's good.

i was speaking more in general then about Dead.

you see it every so often here ... Why isnt my EoW #1 worth $20 yet? But but but Saga #1 is worth $XX and EoW is Better!

You have great timing. Your collection is booming while there is a changing of the guard.

you see it every so often here ... Why isnt my EoW #1 worth $20 yet? But but but Saga #1 is worth $XX and EoW is Better!

It's a lot of vocal sports cards collectors feeling burned. They'll disappear eventually...maybe after they unload their 3D covers. (shrug)

They've probably never read Saga or EoW

It's a lot of vocal sports cards collectors feeling burned. They'll disappear eventually...maybe after they unload their 3D covers. (shrug)

They've probably never read Saga or EoW

Sounds like the 1990s all over again. :)

Just got around to posting this page up. Thanks Jerry for being willing to part with this page for a fair price, and for such a smooth transaction. It's definitely the highlight of my collection so far.

2b772377-e676-4d0f-95da-7c63f2cdfe0e_zps4cac7682.jpg

my pleasure ryan -- its a great page and it clearly went to a good home :)

Just got around to posting this page up. Thanks Jerry for being willing to part with this page for a fair price, and for such a smooth transaction. It's definitely the highlight of my collection so far.

2b772377-e676-4d0f-95da-7c63f2cdfe0e_zps4cac7682.jpg

Nice! That's a really solid, memorable page.