• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I remember reading something about buyers on eBay bidding on items that they could get for cheaper. Here's an example.

WD 34 2nd print .99 starting bid Last auctions went for around $40ish. So I put in a bid for $40 tonight it ended at $41

A few days ago when I was just searching another one popped up for $15

So I just watched the $15 one, waiting for the auction I bid on, to end. I couldn't back out because I had already put the bid in from the beginning.

To my luck, once I was outbid by $1 I went to the $15 BIN and just grabbed it.

Maybe the auction one could be in better condition, but it doesn't matter to me as long as I have one. lol

I remember reading something about buyers on eBay bidding on items that they could get for cheaper. Here's an example.

WD 34 2nd print .99 starting bid Last auctions went for around $40ish. So I put in a bid for $40 tonight it ended at $41

A few days ago when I was just searching another one popped up for $15

So I just watched the $15 one, waiting for the auction I bid on, to end. I couldn't back out because I had already put the bid in from the beginning.

To my luck, once I was outbid by $1 I went to the $15 BIN and just grabbed it.

Maybe the auction one could be in better condition, but it doesn't matter to me as long as I have one. lol

this happens all the time with mtg cards and other things i collect. its retarded but you are right, you can often times find things a lot cheaper BIN - its across all hobbies - like right now i am searching for a l46 pleco (if anyone happens to be a fish guy let me know) and i see them for 400+ as bids, but as BINs they are like 200~~~

Hey folks, long time lurker. Got my copy of WD 53 through the post from eBay. Item was described as "The comic has no obvious signs of wear on it or in it.There are no creases or tears. I can't see any spine damage or creases". Comic was sent rather securely too, now waiting to hear back from the seller. :(

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

Hey folks, long time lurker. Got my copy of WD 53 through the post from eBay. Item was described as "The comic has no obvious signs of wear on it or in it.There are no creases or tears. I can't see any spine damage or creases". Comic was sent rather securely too, now waiting to hear back from the seller. :(

Pictures

The book is still close to NM- with a chance for a NM with a press. I don't see a lot of spine tics or color breaking going on here. Did the seller include scans or close up pictures? If so, you may have been able to notice these, so I wouldn't necessarily fault the seller unless they were super blurry pictures. You'll find books listed as NM+ raw on eBay tend to fall closer to 9.4 range.

Also, the CB spine tic in your second picture is often overlooked/missed by people who do not routinely grade or submit and does not knock a book out of the NM category. Luckily, at first glance, the top looks like it can be pressed out.

I'd chalk it up as a learning experience and not go too hard on the seller. Just my 2c

Edited by awakeintheashes

indeed! i spent a lot of time looking at that piece at NYCC

+1 But..... I personally would rather have a WD cover for that price.

Side note: I finally got my DF CGC 9.8 random WD book, after 6 months of waiting. 6 months! Are you ready for what it is? wait for it......

A Governor #1 !! really really???? 6 months and I got that? What a rip off!!! Not worth what I paid. Hey you live and learn and I'll never do that again.

I think a lot of us have fallen for one of Dynamic Forces Daily Deals once. Usually it only takes one time and we never do it again. I was laughing the other day when they sent me an e-mail to update my credit card info so they could send me an expensive order I made over a year ago. Ummm.... no thanks, you can keep it now, the item is worth 25% of that price! :)

indeed! i spent a lot of time looking at that piece at NYCC

+1 But..... I personally would rather have a WD cover for that price.

Side note: I finally got my DF CGC 9.8 random WD book, after 6 months of waiting. 6 months! Are you ready for what it is? wait for it......

A Governor #1 !! really really???? 6 months and I got that? What a rip off!!! Not worth what I paid. Hey you live and learn and I'll never do that again.

I think a lot of us have fallen for one of Dynamic Forces Daily Deals once. Usually it only takes one time and we never do it again. I was laughing the other day when they sent me an e-mail to update my credit card info so they could send me an expensive order I made over a year ago. Ummm.... no thanks, you can keep it now, the item is worth 25% of that price! :)

:o whoa!

Just got me a #2 Second print!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana:

It's a yellow with TM and RK I really don't mind they were the OG's

I have only seen 2 #2 second prints in my whole life!!!!

NICE!!! Welcome to the 2b Club! :D

Thanks E. The seller has #35 error variants as well. He has a 9.4 $500 & 9.6 $510

Really $10 difference? I'll take the 9.6 please. lol

that's far too much for either imo. those have been showing up lately

Yea your right. I looked at his completed listings and he sold 2 errors for $320.

So all in all he had 4 errors. That's crazy sauce.

edit: Wait he has a 9.8 yellow for $1300

So that's 5 now!!!! :o

Edited by retrothecollector