• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

That's why I only buy from eBay sellers that offer returns. I have had too many crappy comics come in from either lack of disclosure, poor shipping or both.

Retro, that "feathering" is pretty common on early Walking Dead 9.8s. I think it's ugly, and some of my 9.8s have it. I bought them on eBay, all from one dude. I wouldnt have bought them if I could have seen the feathering in the pics.

Everything is returnable on Ebay. I look at what their +fb is, what kinds (if any) of - fb or neutral fb there is and how they respond to it, what else they sell, etc but everything's returnable.

Now, is it worth it to open a case and follow through, repackage, etc? That's up to the individual buyer.

I don't put that stuff's returnable in my listings because (rightly or wrongly) I feel it encourages buyer's remorse and/or nickel and diming on is it 9.4 NM, 9.6 NM or 9.8 NM but on the rare occasion that something's gone south, I accept returns because Ebay makes me even if upon looking at that person's fb it's clear that they are a serial scammer.

2c

I counter that everything is not returnable. eBay has and will revoke your coverage under their eBay Buyer Protection program. This actually happened to me.

I was buying a lot of raw WD comics on eBay. If something came in not in grade due to nondisclosure or poor shipping, regardless of whether the seller offered refunds or not, I contacted the seller and told them what happened. All of them proactively apologized and offered a partial refund for me to keep the book or full refund for return.

Except for one seller. He posted a WD #7, NM no refunds BIN for something crazy low like $30. When it arrived, it was creased down the length of the book (it was shipped in a simple bag and board in a manilla envelope). When I contacted him about it, he said sorry, no refunds, what do you expect for getting a good book so cheap (keep in mind, this was not an auction, he set the BIN). We went back and forth and it went nowhere, so I filed a claim. eBay paid the claim, but promptly suspended me and removed my protection under the Buyer protection program, saying I was requesting an inordinate amount of refunds and pressuring the seller into doing so. Even when I pointed out to them that I never initially requested a refund (only in the last case), that the solution was always prompted by the seller and photographs were always provided as proof of damage.

I counter that everything is not returnable. eBay has and will revoke your coverage under their eBay Buyer Protection program. This actually happened to me.

This is a quite unusual eBay stance, almost contrary to their neverending assault on the common seller that has rendered selling on their site an exercise in frustration. While there are unscrupulous and deceptive eBay sellers, at least we as the buyers have a choice when purchasing to ask questions, review feedback and pictures, and select a properly described item.

When dealing with raw items, I can see how returns can be problematic however. Even with CGC grading, flaws can be graded very subjectively. Even a high resolution scan and a close-up picture will fail to illuminate minute flaws only visible to the naked eye under proper lighting conditions.

This is a quite unusual eBay stance, almost contrary to their neverending assault on the common seller that has rendered selling on their site an exercise in frustration. While there are unscrupulous and deceptive eBay sellers, at least we as the buyers have a choice when purchasing to ask questions, review feedback and pictures, and select a properly described item.

When dealing with raw items, I can see how returns can be problematic however. Even with CGC grading, flaws can be graded very subjectively. Even a high resolution scan and a close-up picture will fail to illuminate minute flaws only visible to the naked eye under proper lighting conditions.

Yup. Dents, dips or bends in the cover won't always show unless you have a light shining directly down on the comic at an angle. This will obscure some of the comic with reflections but it will show if the cover is flat and even elsewhere.

Holy cow poo bffnut....That's crazy. Sorry to hear that.

Anyways about the registry. I know people told me to take the 115 blank, that I got Sketched by Adlard, and put it in a nice mylar.

But I would really like it in a CGC case. I know that it will get a green label, but I think it would look great in their case. Just my preference.

Until I get a 115 SS sketched by someone else. Maybe MegaCon. hm

I was buying a lot of raw WD comics on eBay. If something came in not in grade due to nondisclosure or poor shipping, regardless of whether the seller offered refunds or not, I contacted the seller and told them what happened. All of them proactively apologized and offered a partial refund for me to keep the book or full refund for return.

Except for one seller. He posted a WD #7, NM no refunds BIN for something crazy low like $30. When it arrived, it was creased down the length of the book (it was shipped in a simple bag and board in a manilla envelope). When I contacted him about it, he said sorry, no refunds, what do you expect for getting a good book so cheap (keep in mind, this was not an auction, he set the BIN). We went back and forth and it went nowhere, so I filed a claim. eBay paid the claim, but promptly suspended me and removed my protection under the Buyer protection program, saying I was requesting an inordinate amount of refunds and pressuring the seller into doing so. Even when I pointed out to them that I never initially requested a refund (only in the last case), that the solution was always prompted by the seller and photographs were always provided as proof of damage.

That's very unusual to hear that Ebay punished a buyer and I'm sorry to hear that because you seem like a reasonable guy from your posts on here and that particular instance that you cite is clearly on the seller. However, I will stick to my position that everything is returnable or at least potentially returnable.

It sounds like from your post that you contacted at least several other buyers about problems and Ebay sounds like they took that into account when suspending your buyer protection.

Was it permanently suspended or just a week or a month or what?

Correct me if I am wrong, but if Retro got his sketched 115 signed by someone else and witnessed, would it get SS then?

Yes, but the sketch would be treated as a defect and references as an unattributable sketch and sig on the label. If say, Kirkman signed it, he'd be noted but that's it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if Retro got his sketched 115 signed by someone else and witnessed, would it get SS then?

Yes, but the sketch would be treated as a defect and references as an unattributable sketch and sig on the label. If say, Kirkman signed it, he'd be noted but that's it.

Yes that's what I was thinking. What's funny is that I was so excited to have Adlard draw me something and evilAsh asked me if I wanted it CGC'd and I said no. Cause I wanted to hold it and take it home with me. I didn't want to leave it behind........ Now I kinda wish I would of had it CGC'd. Oh well. lol