• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Yeah wonder if Dre has connections on getting them for subs. Hate to buy the raws and try to do it myself. WTF....If I was not so deep into the registry I would stop.......Ok...Ok I'm not being truthful...but really not happy about it. Just when you think you have a handle on the issues........ BAM. Almost get there and BAM you fall 15 issues behind(or what ever the number is)

:censored:

i dont understand why you guys feel the need to be "first"

i need the 9.8 115 Covers that have Rick and/or Abe on them. im willing to go as high as $25 on them.

Just have to wait.

No....I think I like being first.Yeah I want to be first.Unless they make have a place that come before first. Then I would want that place... lol

How are people able to sell slabbed books so cheap?

If I'm doing a modern book it's $18.. something like a #115 would have to have been fast tracked to be sold by now. So that's $28 plus $5 submission fee, plus $9 shipping.. so that's $42

That's not to say TBP should have to pay more than $25. I see slabs of new books sell for less than $42 all the time. I'm just wondering how people do it.

How are people able to sell slabbed books so cheap?

If I'm doing a modern book it's $18.. something like a #115 would have to have been fast tracked to be sold by now. So that's $28 plus $5 submission fee, plus $9 shipping.. so that's $42

That's not to say TBP should have to pay more than $25. I see slabs of new books sell for less than $42 all the time. I'm just wondering how people do it.

You have head of Discount Comic Book Service?

Well TPB gets his slabs from Altruistic Comic Book Service :)

I'm sure the books he got were slabbed in mass and were not done at the fast track premium, also pretty sure they were probably at the discount rate. Not sure what it is but I am assuming probably close to $14-$15 a book. Plus the whole sale cost of the book of $1.50, and if they near CGC then I can see them being in a cost around $18.00 or so a book.

Yeah Infinity and Beyond generally get their books earlier than other people I've known them to have books 3-4 days before release and selling them on their shop so maybe it's not been announced yet? and there is definitely second and third print written on them

I believe that dealers also get 20% (or possibly more) off the grading expense.

I still don't get it... if a dealer gets 20% of a modern fast track that's $33 if you include the $5 submission fee. After the 20% off it's $26.40 plus $9 shipping which is $35.40

So if they were to sell the book at $25.. thats a $10 loss without even factoring in the cost of the book. And I've seen slabs going for less than $25

I think the $5 few is negligible when you're submitting 2 to 3 hundred books per invoice. Are these books that are being sold for $25 at BIN's or auctions? I've seen graded auctions ending well below the cost of grading. But it's hard to tell how much someone has in the book other than expected fees.

The cheapest rate for grading books is $18 for modern. Then you have to ship the books there, that cost money, then you have to have them insured back and forth, then have them ship them back to you. I don't see how anyone could make any money selling slabbed moderns for $25 each. That's just dumb if you sold them for cost.

The only way I see getting slabbed books for $25 is if they aren't selling and someone just wants to dump them.

Do you know how much 200-300 books weigh? Do you think that the postal services will give you a break for that much weight? No way

I'd love to see someones invoice for 300 books, graded shipped to and from, with insurance. Then divide that cost by 300 and I guarantee it's WAY more than $25 a book

Edited by retrothecollector