• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'll be very thanksful to be giving my LCS $2.99 tomorrow for WD 117.

Me too. And speaking of #117.....Here's a brief preview. All though it doesn't show everything, just a glimpse. So the panels are not in order. Read the captions and you'll understand. :banana:

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/the-walking-dead-117-preview/

69 came out Jan 2010. 80 was released in October (this issue has the Photo Arizona Variant, which is pretty sweet).

Walking Dead was VERY popular before the show was announced. So I guess for something to be the next Walking Dead, it will need to have a large following previous to a TV/Movie announcement, be in relative short supply, already show a strong market demand in price, have 5 years worth of issues under it's belt AND still being published.

Can you think of anything that meets these parameters?

I just got a sweet #80 photo variant 9.6 in the mail :banana:

Congrats, retro! That was one of the ones I bought raw from eBay and got graded 9.8.

69 came out Jan 2010. 80 was released in October (this issue has the Photo Arizona Variant, which is pretty sweet).

Walking Dead was VERY popular before the show was announced. So I guess for something to be the next Walking Dead, it will need to have a large following previous to a TV/Movie announcement, be in relative short supply, already show a strong market demand in price, have 5 years worth of issues under it's belt AND still being published.

I think Saga could have a chance in a few years

Congrats, retro! That was one of the ones I bought raw from eBay and got graded 9.8.

Nice. I was looking for a 9.8 candidate last year for an Xmas gift for my gf. I bought three different copies all lised at 'NM' one was listed at 'NM+'

I messaged the seller of the NM+ and asked him if he felt it would grade at a 9.6 or 9.8. He said maybe 9.8 definitely 9.6...

Out of all 3 copies I bought, none of were above 9.4s.. and that's being generous. :(

Edited by nikocb

:cloud9: that's my favourite variant cover, so iconic - reminds me of why I fell in love with TWD

Saga could potentially have a shot, I agree. But I have heard people say that Vaughan said he will not move this product to other media.

I think what he said was that he didn't think Saga would work as a TV show or movie because Saga is already an amalgam of different TV shows and movies. I think he also said something along the lines of "never say never."

Question for those that have a 109 blank graded.

Is it in thicker CGC case or the regular size??

Mine came in a thicker case and I was wondering, is cgc running out of cases and that's why they are so far behind.. Or does this book truly need a thick case.