• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

The art in issue 117 is very, very nice. So much more detail since they brought an inker on board.

+1. Anybody know if Stefano is sticking around after this arc?

As far as I've read, be is only on board to do this arc, but he would like to continue if approached about it and his schedule allows. I'm hoping be stays on as well.

Edited by RPcnuwm

The #117 cover is up on Splashpage now. I believe it was uploaded this morning, but you may have already seen it James/retro.

Thanks a lot

Yea the detail is a lot better. Adlard has more freedom cause he has help, plus the bigger pages allow for more detail compared to the smaller 8.5x11 pages.

If this series really does go to 300 issues then I think anyone who spends $8000 on a cover is really setting themselves up for a fall. Particularly now when it's not clear what will count as key/important when all's said and done. The same could be said for internal pages.

Fair play if it's disposable income that you're spending on something you genuinely love, want to hold long term, and aren't bothered about retaining value. I'm envious of those in that position!

Not sure it makes commercial sense to keep two artists on after All Out War. The only reason Stefano is working on the title now is that Charlie is not capable of doing a book a fortnight. Once they're back to a monthly schedule my guess is he'll be gone.

Charlie did say to me he was not sure how it will continue, however he likes the idea of having more time (especially if it allows for other projects alongside TWD). Nothing is set in stone but I said elsewhere that the art production has changed multiple times on this book just like most other long running series and no doubt in my mind at some point it will change again.

13 minutes until Black Friday!

hope your joking - driving to see my family at 4pm we saw people lined up outside best buy...took a pic of it...so sad.

You could get most of the best buy deals all day today online.

The blurays for 7.99 etc...