• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

:preach: one more thing......... If anyone buys the new Hyundai Walking Dead Tucson , can I have you Quick Reference Guide. It is suppose to have WD related items in it.......maybe even a special edition comic. Any information will be much helpful. :foryou:

edit: you can keep the car

Maybe you should buy one, keep the guide and give me the car. It is my birthday today :foryou:

If you missed out on the first page for $8500.00 or there about.......... You do have a chance for the 2nd appearance HERE

That was a quick flip...

I can't imagine this going for more than what they brought on eBay. I'll definitely be in the running on this one.

Within about a month if one another the first three pages all went up for auction. Three different owners. Gotta think those other two owners will be in the running. The real gem was page #3. That page is classic Adlard, Michonne's first katana kill, and nice, big panelling. I think that's the only page that would command more than what it was auctioned for last year.

I expect this one to go for considerably less than the two pages that sold late last year (pgs 1,3) for over 8K each.

Those were much larger/better shots of Michonne with her Zombies.

I expect this one to go for considerably less than the two pages that sold late last year (pgs 1,3) for over 8K each.

Those were much larger/better shots of Michonne with her Zombies.

I just realized the last panel is an altered stat, that won't help the price.

Well today wasn't a complete washout. The Met Office said it was going to be heavy rain all day but it was glorious, ended up completely overdressed in a heaving comic shop.

Here are some pics.

kpopW3z.jpg

SvSMw10.jpg

hlLo1Jx.jpg

JCGKbYd.jpg

39rbqtB.jpg

UfpR5E7.jpg

yx02a0B.jpg

oTo4tUb.jpg

Got a couple of quick sketches from Adlard, usually you don't get two but I didn't go for a headshot that would have taken him longer this time just a small nod towards #48. This meant that I could cheekily ask for a quick something for KrazyKris7. Charlie was certainly aware of the scammers out there and was sympathetic, he said it's just wierd seeing someone else mimic his stuff when he happens to see it. I did snigger when he said "Robert Kirkman... sketch?" jokingly after explaining the debacle. I wish Charlie had had more time but the queue was doing a lap of the store and slow moving because Charlie and Andy were chatting quite a bit with the fans and amongst themselves.

For those of you that don't know Andy Lanning from stuff like Resurrection Man then you might have heard of something he worked on (as a writer) called Annihilation Conquest... seem to recall it's something about a team of Guardians ... or whatever (:

Again the Adlard blank sketches below are only quickies, he was banging out some good stuff with the brush pen for people just wanting one thing, he did some great headshots of almost all the survivors and bad guys, I was quite impressed by one that a girl got of Shiva. Looked menacing.

Anyway...

PdC8sLK.jpg

Ok so just because it has been asked on the boards a few times... Adlard's favourite covers that he has drawn. Quick fire answers in reverse order:

At number 3

walking-dead115-covers.jpg

At number 2

walkingdead63_c1.jpg

... and coming in at number #1 i.e. when asked the question "What is your favourite cover you have drawn." ... this is what first popped into his head

96776-18166-106817-1-the-walking-dead.jpg

I think someone on here might be calling that a result !

Finally... as I have to get ready to go out... regarding Bernie. I asked if he was going to appear again and pointed out that the kinda hidden reference to Weekend at Bernie's would be too good to pass up. This err made him laugh. Told him he had to do it somewhere, so who knows? (shrug) I'll remind him later ;)

Man, those quick sketches are awesome, particularly love the nod to #48. Wish I had an in to get a freebie quick sketch from Adlard too; I tried at NYCC last year to no avail. I'd prob go with a Rick or Paul sketch...

Cool stuff. :applause: