• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

If Lucille enters the show like it did in the comic it is the beginning of the end of the show.

I don't think TV show spoilers really count in this thread as anyone reading the comics discussion should be way way ahead of the show as such...

In the context of the show the early introduction of the Something to Fear / AoW storyline makes perfect sense because of the whole CDC write off that happened early on in the show. Why would they end up following Eugene towards the safe zone and arguably one of the slowest arcs "We find ourselves" now? I have no real idea how they would do this so quickly, maybe finding Hilltop before Alexandria? Either way it's going to be cheaper for them to keep it in close proximity of the current storyline instead of relocating.

It would suck if what I believe to be the Hunters somehow turn out to also be under Negan's influence. Given that tweet and some of the rumors flying around there's every chance Lucille will be appearing sooner than we expect.

Do you really think you can write off the show if it carries on along the plot laid out by the comic but does it in its own way? The character development in the show has been pretty good so far and TWD has always been best when the characters have had their humanity tested. That and it is getting a companion show. If I was worried about anything it would be over saturation of all things TWD and its genre with the whole influx of 6 - 7 other zombie and horror TV shows within the next 12 months. Plus Game of Thrones is the real talking point when it comes to great TV :P

Said it before the only thing that is holding back TWD as a comic book is that it doesn't have an ending. All the greatest ones out there do. Take some of the classic Vertigo runs as an example. I bet if you got Hellblazer and condensed it from 300 issues into the 100 best issues it would be held in much much higher regard. TWD is heading for that 300 issue run... not that I don't want it to.

Probably referring to the tv show, time to grab some

Negan art before it's all gone.

YUP.

lol.. what? Probably referring to San diego Comic con. because you know... #sdcc

I'd buy a Lucille bat