• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Me too! Added bonus is the Broncos are playing the Jets on the weekend of the con so guess I'll be in NJ on Sunday.

I've seen 3 MNF games while in NY for NYCC. Even with crappy teams, it's still fun!

-shawn

So can you break away from the con on Sunday? :baiting:

Nope. So bummed.

-shawn

:sorry:

You should get a job that doesn't make you work on football Sundays! :insane:

hm .......... seems like people are testing the waters and feeling each other out on the WD cover on ebay. Think the last cover that made it to the end of bidding was bought by the Nowell Brothers.

The seller is a boardie (although an infrequent poster) and a buddy of mine. He also happens to be local to you in NJ. If you're seriously interested in the cover or any other pieces, my advice is to contact him ASAP. It's just as likely that he'll end the auction for an offer, as let it run its course. From what I've seen, anyway.

hm .......... seems like people are testing the waters and feeling each other out on the WD cover on ebay. Think the last cover that made it to the end of bidding was bought by the Nowell Brothers.

The seller is a boardie (although an infrequent poster) and a buddy of mine. He also happens to be local to you in NJ. If you're seriously interested in the cover or any other pieces, my advice is to contact him ASAP. It's just as likely that he'll end the auction for an offer, as let it run its course. From what I've seen, anyway.

When is your page one going up :baiting:

I got to start a book so I remember who has all my babies.. lol

Tried and failed earlier today, (not one of the WD pages). I thought it was a good offer, but I guess I was way off. (shrug)

NYCC was never tough before this year

SDCC has been tough forever from what ive been told

That's because you, cblroman, jjeanius, mark, doug, evilash, and me blew it up last year and the people demand more!!!!!!! :sumo:

lol

lol^^

Whoa that double page of Michonne & Governor is up to $2,600 with 5 days to go!

Ebay

Any final predictions?

It's interesting. It's a HUGE moment from the comic and very memorable. It's also two 11x17 pages with no stats, and content wise, better than most splashes and covers.

That said, it's pretty gruesome, and I actually believe that pages depicting gross/stomach churning moments go for slightly cheaper. I'm guessing this ends between $4,500 and $5,100

Ebay

Any final predictions?

It's interesting. It's a HUGE moment from the comic and very memorable. It's also two 11x17 pages with no stats, and content wise, better than most splashes and covers.

That said, it's pretty gruesome, and I actually believe that pages depicting gross/stomach churning moments go for slightly cheaper. I'm guessing this ends between $4,500 and $5,100

I have to disagree on the gruesomeness holding it back. I think there are some outspoken collectors who have publicly stated that on this board and it's been adopted as gospel, when it's not really the case.

TWD is character driven, but it's still a horror book and this is a prime example of character driven horror. I'd put these up as two of the best pages in the run.

Ebay

Any final predictions?

I agree about the gruesome factor hurting the price - not a page you want where kids or family could see. Still, it would look great in a man cave lol

Ebay

Any final predictions?

I have to disagree on the gruesomeness holding it back. I think there are some outspoken collectors who have publicly stated that on this board and it's been adopted as gospel, when it's not really the case.

TWD is character driven, but it's still a horror book and this is a prime example of character driven horror. I'd put these up as two of the best pages in the run.

I don't know man. I guess it could go either way. There was a long discussion about it in the OA thread a while back. I know some collectors aren't in it to fill wall space, but while it's very memorable, it's not a piece that will have a wider draw unless you're a fan of the horror genre, or obviously a TWD fan. I still think $5K is a strong number for two panel pages that aren't from Tony Moore.

Ebay

Any final predictions?

I don't know man. I guess it could go either way. There was a long discussion about it in the OA thread a while back. I know some collectors aren't in it to fill wall space, but while it's very memorable, it's not a piece that will have a wider draw unless you're a fan of the horror genre, or obviously a TWD fan. I still think $5K is a strong number for two panel pages that aren't from Tony Moore.

Was the Tyreese/Gov page that sold on CLink for 4,300 an outlier then?

Because if not, then there's no reason these pages go for less than 8k 2c

I actually do think that was an outlier. I guess we'll see? Prior to that Tyrese page, I don't think an Adlard page (other than the Michonne #19 pages) had ever gone over 5K publicly. It makes me wonder how much a decent page featuring Rick from Tony would go for, because Moore's pages (and higher end zombie pages/covers) have been my basis on the market. Call me old fashioned, but given the market and limited availability, I still don't expect Charlie's art to top Tony's.

That said, maybe things are changing. Some auctions end at incredibly low prices, and others that I don't think will crack $1K go for double. There have been some great new pages resold (with zombies!) that went for half of what Mark listed. Weird stuff all around in the market!

Ebay

Any final predictions?

Was the Tyreese/Gov page that sold on CLink for 4,300 an outlier then?

Because if not, then there's no reason these pages go for less than 8k 2c

Outlier or not, the reasoning is faulty. There's no simple formula to determine what these two pages will sell for. As well, there are other variables at play here, including venue (eBay vs. Clink), auction format, reserves, etc. I'm not saying these pages WON'T sell for $8K, but any given day may bring about a different result, imo...we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, while I'm in the "no stomach-churning violence" camp when it comes to my own collection, I do believe these types of pages carry a premium for WD. While a talking heads/quiet moment page might be more displayable, how many fans would choose that over a violent page, if the prices were the same?