• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Ohio is up and running again.

76 posts in this topic

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Mid-Ohio-Con to Merge with Ohio Comic Con

The New Mid-Ohio-Con 2008 Scheduled for October 4-5 in Columbus, Ohio

Monday, May 19, 2008 - Columbus, Ohio

GCX Holdings LLC announced today that it has reached an agreement to merge Mid-Ohio-Con

with Ohio Comic Con. The new Mid-Ohio-Con will bring together the best that both conventions

have to offer with respect to special guest list, programming, schedule, venue, and

organizational teams. Mid-Ohio-Con 2008 will take place on the weekend of October 4-5 at the

Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio.

"I couldn't be more excited about this development," said James Henry, Managing Director of

GCX Holdings, which recently acquired Mid-Ohio-Con. "I strongly believe that Mid-Ohio-Con and

Ohio Comic Con will be far better together than they would be separately. This combination is a

great outcome for everybody involved, including our creative guests, retailers and other

exhibitors, and especially the loyal fans who have attended Mid-Ohio-Con year after year."

"We are very happy to be combining Ohio Comic Con with Mid-Ohio-Con," said Teresa

Colegrove, Co-Founder of Ohio Comic Con and Packrat Comics. "Our primary goal in forming

Ohio Comic Con was always to ensure that there was a great convention in our home state, and

we've certainly accomplished that with the combination of our two events. We have lots of new

ideas that we're looking forward to contributing to this year's Mid-Ohio-Con."

"I'm certainly pleased to see this combination take place," said Roger Price, Founder of Mid-

Ohio-Con. "Our new team has a lot of energy and enthusiasm as well as innovative ideas and I'm

look forward to working with them on this year's event. We've just launched our new web site

and stay tuned in the coming weeks for news about additions to our guest list for Mid-Ohio-Con

2008, as well as some exciting new additions to our programming schedule."

About Mid-Ohio-Con

Now entering its 28th year, Mid-Ohio-Con is one of America's longest-running and most

successful pop culture conventions. Each year, Mid-Ohio-Con brings fans of all ages together

with leading comic book writers and artists, film and television creators and stars, as well as

publishers and retailers from across the nation. Mid-Ohio-Con 2008 will be held on October 4-5

at the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 400 North High Street in Columbus, Ohio.

About Packrat Comics

Established in 1993 by Jamie and Teresa Colegrove, Packrat Comics is a family owned and

operated full-service specialty comic shop with two locations serving central Ohio. Working with

local schools to promote comics as both an art form and educational tool, Packrat Comics strives

to provide its community with a fun, family-friendly atmosphere where children of all ages can

enjoy this wonderful medium. Packrat Comics can be found online at www.packratcomics.com.

Contacts:

James H. Henry

GCX Holdings LLC

jhenry@gcxholdings.com

Roger A. Price

R.A.P. Promotions, Inc.

conman@midohiocon.com

Joe Kubert

P. Craig Russell

Tony Isabella

Roger Stern

ADDED

Jason Mewes

Art Baltazar

Alan Davis

Chris Eliopoulos

Mark Evanier

Gary Friedrich

Mike Grell

David Mack

Bob McLeod

Steve Rude

Arthur Suydam

Ethan Van Sciver

Len Wein

Marv Wolfman

Bernie Wrightson

Ayers

I am pretty excited about p craig russell

are you going to such a small show in the middle of nowhere?