• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAN LEE SIGNING ANNOUNCED FOR JUNE

28 posts in this topic

The Immortal Stan Lee will be signing with Desert Wind Comics.

Desert Wind Comics is honored and privileged to announce a private signing with Stan 'The Man' Lee in late June. You can get your books signed by comic legend Stan Lee and then graded and authenticated by Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) with the prestigious Signature Series label.

Desert Wind Comics has had the privilege of having 4 exclusive signings with Stan Lee in the last year and looks forward to once again offering to comic fans another opportunity to get their prized possessions signed by the legend that created the iconic names such as Spider-Man, The X-Men, The Incredible Hulk, The Avengers and many, many more. We only have a limited number of spots open for this exclusive signing. You can contact us by e-mail at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com with a list of books you would like to submit by NO LATER than Sunday, June 8th. A response will be sent to you by Monday, June 9th confirming your order. The books MUST be in our office by no later than Monday, June 16th. (Please include in your details whether your books have already been graded and encapsulated by CGC.) Because of the number of books that will be signed, unfortunately we cannot accommodate any special signing request such as ink color or position of signature. The cost listed below includes the signing fee, CGC grading, our witness fee, prep of the book(s) for signing in special signing bags as well as shipping/handling/insurance to CGC. The books will be taken to Wizard World Chicago the next weekend to submit to CGC. CGC will be offering ONSITE grading for modern tier submissions. If you wish to have your book/s graded ONSITE, there is a surcharge of $10 added to the price listed below. Any books graded ONSITE will be shipped directly back to the customer from Chicago.

The price does NOT include any shipping/handling/insurance fees from CGC, which will be quoted based on the number and value of books in your order.

The pricing for the different tiers are as follows:

Modern.......... $70.00 1975-Present Max value $200

Economy....... $80.00 any year Max value $250

Standard........ $100.00 any year Max value $1000

Express......... $130.00 any year Max value $4000

Walk-Thru...... (quoted based on value of book) Value in excess of $4000

The address that the book(s) should be shipped to is:

Chandler Rice

7251 Cathedral Rock Drive

Las Vegas, Nevada 89128

Payment can be made either by Paypal, Cashiers Check or Money Order. Payment should be made out to Chandler Rice. Please submit your book(s) properly bagged and boarded with a label listing your name and the title/issue #.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, JUNE 16TH.

Only for the Private signing portion of it. We will not be taking any submissions at the show. There will be another Witness there to handle it. Sharon and I were not scheduled to be at Frank and Sons due to a conflict in schedules, so we gave the show to another witness this one time.

You can send us your books in advance as stated in the beginning of the thread.

Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Hello, I'm very interested in this event. I went to the Frank and Son show this past Saturday, and while I was there I met someone named Bret Leutzinger who gave me a business card and told me that he is going to be the onsite CGC signature witness for the Stan Lee event on June 21st. He said he will be there to witness all the comic books getting signed by Stan Lee and then he submits them directly CGC for Grading. Brett also gave me a business card with a website called www.c0micb00ks.com that he said he owns. The site looked nice and I see he already has a bunch of comics signed by Stan Lee and graded Signature Series comics.

Has anyone here used onsite services to get stuff signed and CGC graded?

Does anone know if it is faster to mail them in, or is it faster to take them right to the show and have them done by the onsite CGC witness?

Can anyone answer those questions because I would really like to get some of my books signed and cgc'd by Stan Lee!!

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Bret is acting as the on location CGC WItness in my place. I was originally asked to handle this show, but because of a prior commitment, I had to decline the opportunity. So I personally asked and recommended Bret handle the show on this occasion.

You can either contact Bret in advance or get your book/s signed onsite. To explain how the onsite witnessing works. You have to pay and stand in line to get your book/s signed by Stan. Make sure you let Bret know you want to have him witness the signing. After you get your book/s signed, you will have to fill out the paperwork with Bret and he will submit the books directly to CGC for grading and encapsulating. How he will handle the return of the books is up to him. You would need to discuss that with him.

My posting to start this thread is because I will have private time with Stan before the public signing and will be getting clients books signed by Stan at that time. I am still accepting submissions for that private signing.

I hope that answers your questions. If you have any more questions, please just PM me or you can e-mail me at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com.

Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics

The cut off for Stan Lee submissions is Monday, June 16th. All books must be in my office by Monday. We are still accepting submissions. E-mail me at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com for more info.

Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics