• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Invasion #3 ***SPOILERS***

54 posts in this topic

I just finally read SI #3 and agree with a lot of the posts. I don't think Stark is really a sleeper skrull. It's a psyche out.

I don't know if it's because I don't collect the Avengers titles, but since I don't know who the Initiative or Young Avengers are, I thought the story is not really progressing. And $3.99 is just ridiculous for a book that has no more pages than any other comic.

An amusing review of the issue can be found here: http://savagecritic.com/2008/06/abhay-titles-blog-post-about-secret.html

Must say, this definitely had a "where's the beef?" quality to it --- the Initiative, Runaways and Young Avengers get the spotlight?

Was that Spider-Man and Ka-Zar/Shanna scene in this issue or New Avengers? Getting hard to keep track (and awake).

Echo gets possibly killed? Couldn't care less. Sorry David Mack.

Spider-Woman is a Skrull. I told you guys she was a Skrull last year and you didn't believe me... you went to great lengths to say she wasn't a Skrull. Well, she's not just a Skrull... she's the friggin' QUEEN OF SKRULLS. How 'bout that!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1785889&page=10#Post1785889

Tony Stark. No, not a Skrull. Too easy. She thinks he's a Skrull. Psych-out tactic or major error on her part? My guess is it's a psych-out tactic. Get him confused enough that he can't do anything to stop her.

No love for the Vision. Need a character to die? Blow up the vision. He'll be back soon in a rebuilt body.

Nick Fury and his Image team? Blah... nice gun.

I'll give Secret Invasion this... I'm more interested in it than I am in Final Crisis.

That's like saying I like Diet Red Bull more than regular Red Bull. I'm not a fan of either as it makes my teeth hurt, but at least I feel that with Diet Red Bull I'm not actually rotting my teeth, and the calories are a little more empty. I feel full but not sick. What I'd really like is a Coke Zero, not a red bull... where's the Coke Zero? Probably in the Ed Brubaker and Robert Kirkman written titles. I can read as much as they want to write and I don't ever feel full. Mark Millar books are like regular Coke... they really do rot my teeth and make me feel bloated afterwards.

:applause:(worship)

I just finally read SI #3 and agree with a lot of the posts. I don't think Stark is really a sleeper skrull. It's a psyche out.

I don't know if it's because I don't collect the Avengers titles, but since I don't know who the Initiative or Young Avengers are, I thought the story is not really progressing. And $3.99 is just ridiculous for a book that has no more pages than any other comic.

Only reason they are charging $3.99 for the books is because of the hard stock cover which in my opinon is just a gimmick and idiotic. If it didn't have that type of cover it would just be an other $2.99 book.

Only reason they are charging $3.99 for the books is because of the hard stock cover which in my opinon is just a gimmick and idiotic. If it didn't have that type of cover it would just be an other $2.99 book.

Right, totally agree. The cardstock cover isn't making the story any better...

lol

The cardstock cover isn't making the story any better...

lol

lol I don't think the story is totally bad. Just slooooooooooowly developing which adds a certain snooze factor or story continues in Secret Invasion #1 ( which came out 2 months prior). I can understand Marvel's persuit to sells as many books as possible but damn! Do we need 60 book story arc which include countless tie-ins?

What ever happened to the 4, 6, or 12 ish limited series? A few titles with a crossover ish or two at the most... Mighty and New Avengers, a Ms. Marvel here...Iron Man there...FF thrown in the mix...

There you have it...Secret Invasion Mega Event, 20 issues max. The story would be quicker more concise...to the point without that rushed feeling...

The cardstock cover isn't making the story any better...

lol

lol I don't think the story is totally bad. Just slooooooooooowly developing which adds a certain snooze factor or story continues in Secret Invasion #1 ( which came out 2 months prior). I can understand Marvel's persuit to sells as many books as possible but damn! Do we need 60 book story arc which include countless tie-ins?

What ever happened to the 4, 6, or 12 ish limited series? A few titles with a crossover ish or two at the most... Mighty and New Avengers, a Ms. Marvel here...Iron Man there...FF thrown in the mix...

There you have it...Secret Invasion Mega Event, 20 issues max. The story would be quicker more concise...to the point without that rushed feeling...

I agree. You've summed up what I've been thinking since I read #3.

Let me draw a comparison between SI and the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. During the Crisis mini, they had lots of crossovers into the regular titles, but you could have just bought the mini to understand the story. For SI, it seems the opposite. It seems like you have to buy the Avengers titles as well as maybe the other add on minis coming (and I don't buy any of these) to understand the the whole story. It seems to me that there is LESS happening in SI itself than in the tie-in titles!

Let me draw a comparison between SI and the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. During the Crisis mini, they had lots of crossovers into the regular titles, but you could have just bought the mini to understand the story. For SI, it seems the opposite. It seems like you have to buy the Avengers titles as well as maybe the other add on minis coming (and I don't buy any of these) to understand the the whole story. It seems to me that there is LESS happening in SI itself than in the tie-in titles!

I've found that to be the case with most Marvel 'events' since the 80s.

Back when I read X titles I hated the summer annual and x-over season stories. Mutant Massacre, X-Tinction Agenda, Infrerno, etc etc...I read Uncanny and New Mutants. Didn't care what was going on in X-Factor and the other x-over titles but to get a complete story...well there ya go.

DC is not quite as guilty of spreading the main stories around into other titles but I think they're guilty of something worse. Pointless x-over marketing. I remember during original Crisis so many books were labed 'Crisis Crossover' but all they had were panels of red skies and storms and nothing to actually do with the Crisis.

I'm sure the story is going to send shock waves through the Marvel universe and when all is said and done, nothing will ever be the same.

i wonder what we'll do when the series makes the Internet crack in half again. i want to be in the non-DrWatson half, i can say that much at least

I'm sure the story is going to send shock waves through the Marvel universe and when all is said and done, nothing will ever be the same.

i wonder what we'll do when the series makes the Internet crack in half again. i want to be in the non-DrWatson half, i can say that much at least

I don't know what that means, but I hope when the smoke clears you find yourself locked in a room with greggy and the worlds largest set of graemlin flash cards.

Is that before or after it splits the internet in half?

Yeah, I already said that, Ares.

I see DrWatson really does read every thread on here. Most impressive

No, not all of them, Marc. Just the ones that interest me. The Secret Invasion storyline seems really interesting. I can't wait for the trade to come out. I am wondering if they will bring anyone of any significance back from dead. Mockingbird doesn't count. I didn't even know she was dead. Plus, I wonder where all the replaced people are hanging out?

Does anybody think Captain America was a Skrull? When Wolverine was killed, he didn't revert back to a Skrull. Beast and Moira MacTaggert figured it out with an autopsy and made the Skrull revert to its true form.