• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ugh...killing me...

23 posts in this topic

I don't mind signatures if they're signed around the time of publication of the issue, but having stan lee sign a book 30 years after the fact takes away the historical value for me.

When I met Joe Shuster, he signed some GA books for me. It seemed appropriate to get his signatures on those early books instead of the most recent issues of Superman.

I like the signatures with the books I associate the person with, not just their most recent material. I would like Byrne autographs on X-Men and Neal Adams on his great DC work that I fell in love with as opposed to his work in the 1980s onward. Now, I would probably want them to sign with a pen that would make the signature look nice and find a book where the signature would present well and not detract heavily from the cover art, as this one does.