• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Female artists?

44 posts in this topic

Jill Thompson's awesome.

I can't believe you forgot Jimmy Palmiotti's wife Amanda Conner.

She penciled Vampirella, Some EVENT books, and the PRO with Garth Ennis.

Also, Renee G. is the editor-of-somesort at Top Cow, and she's cute.

And Sarah Becker was the editor-of-somesort at Wildstorm a decade ago, and was ALSO on the cast of MTV's the Real World.

I feel I must offer my chauvanist pig explanation for why there aren't many female artists: they don't get anywhere near the satisfaction out of illustrating naked men as men get out of illustrating naked women. shocked.gif Testosterone is the great motivator!!! cloud9.gif

I feel I must offer my chauvanist pig explanation for why there aren't many female artists: they don't get anywhere near the satisfaction out of illustrating naked men as men get out of illustrating naked women. shocked.gif Testosterone is the great motivator!!! cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif

That is an interesting interpretation...thanks for your input.

Janet "JayJay" Jackson was a fantastic colorist for Valiant in the early, glory days.

Now that coloring is digital, hand-painted colors by a female other than the artist's wife

are all but vanished. JayJay is actually selling a few pages on Ebay right now,

and pre-Unity pages at that!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=jayjayzee

(I really don't know why I'm advertising for more bidding competition...)