• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Team-Up #4 CGC 9.8 $600????????

25 posts in this topic

(Let the Battle begin, but I've GOT to say it!)... 9.8 with a crushed top staple, an off-centered, TILTED, spine wrap, and obvious stress at the staple holes, as well as further down the spine? He may have bought the best label, but whether or not he bought the best MTU 4 is another matter altogether. Just my humble opinion on this Ultra-high grade acquisition.

I'm working on it wink.gif at least for 2002 and on

JR would have found it in a moment anyway... I'm sure he has kept, bought, accumulated as much data as I have. I suspect Josh at ComicLink has the biggest CGC database, he seems to be able to call up almost anything...even far back items.

tongue.gif

Naw he just puts crazy BIN prices. He's not like fredkarger with the Reserve set at $999.99 with a BIN @ $1,000. I've gotten some deals from Hitman and he's a fast/ safe shipper too. tongue.gif

Is time travelers timetrav01on eBay? I'm assuming so.

Why are the crankiest dealers often so good at grading and packing/shipping? Impeccable service, with a scowl...

When you say I am not friendly... what do you mean???

To many forum people won't even bid on my stuff.

On e-bay as Hitman1099 I have had only 1 negative feedback in the last 6 months due to a non-paying bidder retailiating. And that is one negative out of 1400 positives, yet I still really can't catch a break from most of you people.

Brian likes to bash, but that's cool. My website prices may be high, but they are just set to typical BIN prices until I have a chance to tweak my CGC inventory, which is difficult with 2 jobs, although, they did come in handy when I sold over 25 cgc 10.0's. (Ultimate Spider-man #14 & 15 both went for 2,000.00 each, so maybe my website prices aren't so high).

RickDogg, Darth, Bruce are some of the nicest people, but no one really knows me, and yet everyone likes to bash. My ebay feedback should be all there is to say about my reputation.

I only paid outrageous money on this book because it is a personal favorite of mine. When Ultimate Spider-man #1 9.8 still sells for 600, why is Marvel Team-up #4 such a crazy deal.....

HiTMAN

Actually Brian

Ouch 2000.00... that's kind of low....

I was planning on putting $6850.00 on it.

And yes, you can be the first to buy.

I have a great layaway plan. For you, 600.00 down, and then a simple $20 a month for the rest of your life!

Frank

I bid on your stuff every now and then when you list GI Joe or Spidey books. Sorry about stating that you were not friendly. I guess reserved is a better adjective. I even went ahead and edited my previous post since I used the word out of context. You are right, none of us really know you on a personal level. I have nothing but good things to say about the transactions I have had with you as you can see above. Darth & I even jokingly say that we need to buy from you when we are in need of some extra bubble wrap because you package so well. tongue.gif If I offended you, i'm sorry.

Hi Rickdogg

Believe me, you didn't offend me. I just was surprised you thought I was unfriendly.

I believe there was a small misunderstanding from me.

I enjoy having great customers like you, and Darth, and Bruce, and all the e-bayers who had great transactions with me. I have almost twice the overall positive feedbacks than uniques because a repeat business.

I believe in nothing but customer satisfaction. Which is why anyone who wins auctions from me, receives their packages so fast.

So many e-bayers pay for auctions from sellers, and usually have to wait for weeks sometimes just to receive their packages. And, so many are packed so poorly. I don't mind spending the extra money on bubble wrap because I believe your books should be in perfect condition.

Petty grudge holders like Brian can sit on their high horse and insult till they choke on their own breath, but has he ever done any business with me? No, and probably never.

People like him will always feel more important behind their keyboard, and people like you and all the other fantastic e-bayers out there will continue to get the best deals and customer service from Heroes & Legends. Unlike some E-bayers out there, if you bid on a book that used to go for 100.00 and it ends at 19.99, I don't end auctions early or change listings. You get what you bid for. My website is basically my own personal collection, and when I decide I am ready to move on with the book, I list it on e-bay. There are some people who like to monitor what I buy and then what I list it on my website for, but are they tracking the fact that the $150.00 X-men 9.8 starts at 24.99 (the REALISTIC starting bid) when I am ready to let the book go?

So, all in all, I have nothing but respect and joy for having customers like you, Bruce, Darth, Comic-keys, and so many others...

I am only going to "go off the handle" when I get backed into a corner because all I am trying to do is run a business, and sometimes someone like me has to dish out over 600.00 for a comic like Marvel Team-Up #4 just to keep some balance to the market. Everyone likes to bid, but in the end, if these comics level out completely, what's the point of them being collector's items, retaining value, and actually collecting them???

All forum people, ask yourself this - In Brians perfect world where all comics are worth just a $1.00 no matter what the condition, is it really going to be worth buying and selling in the end???

Negative publicity is only going to destroy this hobby completely, and instead of this forum used to support that theory, everyone should be rallying for this market to go through the roof again, so everyone can profit from buying and selling.

Rickdogg - you are one of the good guys and this field needs people like you to continue to fight the good fight!

Frank