• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future Marvel character movies....hmmmm

54 posts in this topic

from CBR website:

Numerous sources, including Yahoo! Finance and Newsarama sat in on Marvel's quarterly earnings conference call. Marvel made mention of numerous cinematic happenings, including: a PG-13 "Iron Man" planned for a 2005 release, the "Elektra" movie being a "sequel" to "Daredevil" and the two characters reuniting in "Daredevil 2," threats that "Fantastic Four" is still on track for December 2004, that "Captain America" is being trotted around to writers and directors free of litigious worries, that "X-Men 3" is tentative for 2005 or 2006 (perhaps that recent Mutant X lawsuit, which we reported on Monday, may complicate matters), and that "Hulk 2" is in development for a 2006 release after 3.5 million DVDs had been sold within seven days of the release. Plus, projects in development with indeterminate release dates include a potentially Rock-powered "Namor" at Universal, "Ghost Rider" at Sony and "Deathlok" 893applaud-thumb.gifat Crystal Sky/Paramount. Whew!

source

Plus, projects in development with indeterminate release dates include a potentially Rock-powered "Namor" at Universal

Isn't Rock a little big to be playing Namor?

I don't think so,...Rock would make a kick-arse Namor.

I STILL want to see a really well done Doc Strange. Since he is 2nd tier or so, it may never be. But I really want to see Doc properly translated to the "silver screen". The popularity of tv shows like Buffy and Angel, and movies like Harry Potter and Lord Of The Rings, indicate the audience is ready for more supernatural offerings. And Doc Strange, if done intelligently ( now THAT is a concern, neh?) really does have great potential.

I STILL want to see a really well done Doc Strange. Since he is 2nd tier or so, it may never be.

I don't know.....they are making a Man-Thing movie and I'd put Strange on the same level as Namor or GR.

Jim