• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future Marvel character movies....hmmmm

54 posts in this topic

The Hulk was great! Again..what were you expecting?the Hulk looked great!

The Hulk did look great when he was on the screen. And the movie worked when the Hulk was featured. Sadly, when Bruce was featured the movie bogged down and really wasn't all that good. You gotta care about the characters in a movie to enjoy it. I didn't care about Bruce, or Betty and her Dad for that matter, and found the whole thing as a whole boring as hell .

I was expecting an entertaining movie. What I got was far from it. My opinion of course and if you liked it...good for you.

If you wanna see a pile of 893censored-thumb.gif go see the Matrix Revolutions

No thank you. I wasn't entralled with the original Matrix and have no intention of seeing this or the previous installment. Other than Speed, I have yet to see a Keanu movie I've enjoyed.

Jim

Haven't seen the Hulk yet, but the only thing I really disliked about the first Bats movie was Jack as the Joker. Terrible, he didn't bring the spirit of the Joker through enough for my tastes. IMO they could have done better.

Joker (Nicholson) - ugh

Catwoman (Pfeiffer) - wow

Penguin (Devito) - not bad

Two-Face (Jones) - not great

Riddler (Carrey) - not bad

Mr. Freeze (Schwartzzenegger) - not great

Poison Ivy (Thurman) - not bad

any others?

The Hulk is better than than all 5 batman movies AND daredevil put together

Hell, in my opinion, Daredevil was better than the Hulk (by a hair), and the first two Batman movies were significantly better than both.

And if someone is complaining that they didn't like the X-Men because Rogue didn't fly, then they need to stay away from any comic movies and stick with the cartoons so they won't be disappointed.

Jim

The Hulk is better than than all 5 batman movies AND daredevil put together,go rent it..wait don't. I'm sure if they screwed one thing up..you'll hate the whole movie so don't bother.

get off the crack. it barely made $100M.

And not talkin about the other Batman movies....only the 1st one with Jack Nicholson as the star.

And again I can't comment on how good/bad the Hulk was.....did not see it and really don't have too much interest in it. Didn't he at one point grow so big that he held Betty (JC) in his hand?

If there's one thing more subjective than grading, it is whether a movie is great or horrible. Everybody gives more weight to one consideration over another. For one person, it might be the plot structure and development that really does it. For others it may be the acting, or quality of the -script. Who knows? confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally, I thought that the Hulk movie was okay the first time I saw it. It wasn't great, but it was okay and I did not hate it.

Then, I choose to see it again because my little brother did not go see it. That was when I swore that I would never watch this movie again.

It just dragged way too long for my tastes. I found the special effects pretty impressive, but the plot development was lacking. The acting was okay, but not extremely dynamic or memorable. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie Kevin, I think it was directed very well. I found some scenes were done in a very tasteful and artistic manner, which I enjoyed. However, I would not be able to give a very good overall recommendation to anyone else who was thinking about going to see it. thumbsup2.gif

The Hulk is better than than all 5 batman movies AND daredevil put together,go rent it..wait don't. I'm sure if they screwed one thing up..you'll hate the whole movie so don't bother.

And not talkin about the other Batman movies....only the 1st one with Jack Nicholson as the star.

And again I can't comment on how good/bad the Hulk was.....did not see it and really don't have too much interest in it. Didn't he at one point grow so big that he held Betty (JC) in his hand?

I'd love to hold JC in my hand.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's Jennifer Connelly. Not Joe Collector. mad.gif

To be fair.....the fact it didn't meet box office expectations doesn't automatically make it a bad movie.

Jim

i agree with this. The Usual Suspects was a fantastic movie and did not do all that well at the ol ticket counter. my point is that Batman was a good movie and got solid reviews and made more $ (in 1989) than the Hulk did in 2003. Reviews for the Hulk were mixed (at best) and after the first 10 days, box office receipts went down hill. Matrix Revolutions (have not seen it) will pull in alot more cake. Spider-Man II will pull in even more and so will X3....

No thank you. I wasn't entralled with the original Matrix and have no intention of seeing this or the previous installment. Other than Speed, I have yet to see a Keanu movie I've enjoyed.

Speed? 27_laughing.gif Com'on... there is a bomb on the bus and they are cracking jokes,highly believible film. 27_laughing.gif

I seem to be in the minority when it comes to enjoying all of the Hollywood cinematic offerings. With that being said, I also enjoyed such films as Comic Book Villains (which was totally shredded in the forums), and The Specials (which I haven't heard anyone mention.) Certainly both better than Nick Fury (Hasselhoff).