• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill bidding?

42 posts in this topic

So whats that in US money now?
Around double, grease monkey

What number is around double? you dinkus :makepoint:

$295-300 :acclaim:

Thats not alot then for this book (shrug)
The Brits are a bunch of Imperialistic cheapos :foryou:

:acclaim: :acclaim:

You're all monkeys! doh!

Try the actual winner, folks. :makepoint:

Hey Nick, this is the seller that I bought that bunch of BA Ghost Rider's from 2 or 3 years ago with the #1 that I sent to CGC.

Come to think of it, I won that auction on a second chance offer. hm

I love British sophisticated cooking :luhv:

I resisted putting in a :sick: graemlin... :grin:

I was channelling Goscinny and Uderzo's take on us Brits there (still funny after all these years).

Asterix & Obelix...... :cloud9:

:cloud9:

You're all monkeys! doh!

Hey Nick, this is the seller that I bought that bunch of BA Ghost Rider's from 2 or 3 years ago with the #1 that I sent to CGC.

Come to think of it, I won that auction on a second chance offer. hm

(thumbs u

I'd be watching your e-mails quite closely then...because you'll be getting another one anytime...around...now. :eek:

Which is why, when I send you your invoice, I'll be demanding that you pay for the box, the bubble-wrap, the petrol to get to the Post Office...and of course, my hourly rate. (thumbs u

Which is why, when I send you your invoice, I'll be demanding that you pay for the box, the bubble-wrap, the petrol to get to the Post Office...and of course, my hourly rate. (thumbs u

Hourly rate. :cloud9:

I use to read those translated into German when I lived there. I have to say, the British translation were far less humorous than the German. I think they just translated literally word for word, which often losses the subtlety of the joke. I imagine the that the original Italian would put all translations to shame though.

Great stories with fantastic art. :applause:

:frustrated: You meant the original FRENCH I'm sure. :makepoint:

Goscinny was born in Paris in 1926, to a family of Polish-Ukranian Jewish descent and Uderzo was born Alberto Aleandro Uderzo in Fismes (Marne, France), but his parents, Silvio and Iria, had recently moved from Italy.

I use to read those translated into German when I lived there. I have to say, the British translation were far less humorous than the German. I think they just translated literally word for word, which often losses the subtlety of the joke. I imagine the that the original Italian would put all translations to shame though.

Goscinny was born in Paris in 1926, to a family of Polish-Ukranian Jewish descent and Uderzo was born Alberto Aleandro Uderzo in Fismes (Marne, France), but his parents, Silvio and Iria, had recently moved from Italy.

doh! I don't know why I was thinking they were Italian. Not enough coffee early in the morning............ :whistle:

doh! I don't know why I was thinking they were Italian. Not enough coffee early in the morning............ :whistle:

It's okay. :foryou:

Here are some panels mentioned above ribbing the British from the album mentioned above -

60852-Asterix-BJ1.jpg.0ab9865564af2ec5979869d8bebda134.jpg

60853-Asterix-BJ2.jpg.2ce16ca0294e187be20193ba27f2eb0c.jpg

60854-Asterix-BJ3.jpg.169ac34a1ac27e3a5296a653962d183c.jpg

60855-Asterix-BJ4.jpg.e4f9808d69666cc00e4e450fc328348e.jpg

60856-Asterix-BJ5.jpg.17136139982b083a56869e944738194c.jpg

Ah, memories. The way Uderzo depicted those English girls fighting each other and going hysterical. lol His art style here is excellent but still in its early stages...later on he developed into one of the best artists to grace the medium.

Personal favorites - Asterix In Switzerland, Roman Agent (La Zizanie), and Mansions Of The Gods. Bought them all when they came out (the English translations) and have read 'em all countless times.

You're all monkeys! doh!

doh!:blush:

I'm imaging you and Stacy circling the obelisk in '2001'... :roflmao:

Is that some lurid reference to the ill fated gay pride festival Liverpool hosted then (shrug)

...apparently there was an over subscription for the after-party tickets :baiting:

You're all monkeys! doh!

doh!:blush:

:blush:

well i never thought to look there...a shills deserts :cry:lollol

:banana::roflmao: