• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Hellboy II

22 posts in this topic

Pan's Labarinth was the biggest pile of dog-mess I ever had to endure - we're talking about a movie that sucked bigger donkey-ballz than Matrix 3...

While I did *like* it, I have to say that Pan's Labyrinth is possibly the most overrated movie of the last 20 years.

I never saw Pan's because I absolutely hate subtitles.

:P

Blasphemy! I suppose you like those modern comics with hardly any words to read too? :grin:

whenever there are subtitles I feel like I miss something.

In a movie - there are A LOT of non verbal communications through good acting going on

and if I am reading something I feel like I miss it.

If I have to go to one of these type of movies I usually watch the movie and guess

at what they are saying...

I just don't like to feel that I missed something visual.

:P

I understand your point, although I don't find it so distracting as to ruin a good film.

Seeing as you value the acting I take it we would agree that dubbing destroys a film (well, apart from comedy value for kung-fu flicks).

dubbing destroys a film

It depends - the man with no name trilogy that was filmed in spain

had a TON of dubbed voice overs, but with the low budget aspect of the spaghetti western

it just seemed to fit.

I think Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef were the only people in those films that

originally spoke english in the actual films.

Man I would of hated subtitles in those...