• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Hellboy II

22 posts in this topic

I am a big fan of Del Toro's films, Especially Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy, so I'm looking forward to this film. Here's one of the first review.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15330/1/REVIEW-HELLBOY-II-DEVIN039S-TAKE/Page1.html

I personally would like to see more Hellboys and Sin Cities than the mainstream type superhero movies...but that's just me and to each their own.

This reviewer, while not an eminent Hellboy fan appreciates GdT, so his somewhat begrudgingly glowing review bodes extremely well. Particularly as I agreed with re the first movie, and I'm a firm Hellboy/BPRD fan!

And if this movie surplants Pan's Labarinth, well it will be quitinsensial summer blockbuster!! ....albeit without subtiles thanks (thumbs u

First off I haven't one Hellboy comic...

With that said, I wasn't a big fan of the first movie either but you could see where this could be an entertaining universe if given the right story. The trailer is really good and if it's any indication of the movie then it should be a pretty good film...

Jim

Pan's Labarinth was the biggest pile of dog-mess I ever had to endure - we're talking about a movie that sucked bigger donkey-ballz than Matrix 3...

Hellboy on the other hand was quite entertaining, I missed it in the theater's but I will def. be seeing this one.

I know it's still too early, but the reviews are at 100%.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hellboy_2_the_golden_army/

man, there is too much competition at the theaters...

when it is all said and done - you could literally take you whole paycheck and spend all day

there and watch nothing but sci-fi blockbusters.

:o

Pan's Labarinth was the biggest pile of dog-mess I ever had to endure - we're talking about a movie that sucked bigger donkey-ballz than Matrix 3...

While I did *like* it, I have to say that Pan's Labyrinth is possibly the most overrated movie of the last 20 years.

While I did *like* it, I have to say that Pan's Labyrinth is possibly the most overrated movie of the last 20 years.

I never saw Pan's because I absolutely hate subtitles.

:P

Hellboy on the other hand was quite entertaining, I missed it in the theater's but I will def. be seeing this one.

Wow, it takes all sorts eh?

Mind you, Pan's Labyrinth was horribly hyped up and raved about. That sort of exposure can spoil a film experience. Your expectations were probably messed up.

The first Hellboy film had nice production design, but was basically rubbish. The sequel looks a lot better (fingers crossed).

Of course, El Espinazo del Diablo is a hell of a lot better than anything else del Toro's done if you ask me (yes, including Cronos) :)

Blasphemy! I suppose you like those modern comics with hardly any words to read too? :grin:

I really enjoyed it, but I saw it early, before all the hype about it came out. When that happens, it's impossible for a film to live up to those expectations.

Pan's Labyrinth was a fantastic grim fairy tale. I can see how it doesnt appeal to everyone but it certainly was no pile of dog shyte. I really cannot understand how anyone might describe it as such. It was definitely better than Matrix 3.

If I have one gripe about Hellboy its the stupid name....Hellboy. Couldn't they come up with something better?

Blasphemy! I suppose you like those modern comics with hardly any words to read too? :grin:

whenever there are subtitles I feel like I miss something.

In a movie - there are A LOT of non verbal communications through good acting going on

and if I am reading something I feel like I miss it.

If I have to go to one of these type of movies I usually watch the movie and guess

at what they are saying...

I just don't like to feel that I missed something visual.

That's interesting. After about five minutes I don't even realise I'm reading the sub titles. My mind and my eyes work so quickly that I miss nothing. I'd much rather have subtitles than watch a film that's been voiced over.

That's interesting. After about five minutes I don't even realise I'm reading the sub titles. My mind and my eyes work so quickly that I miss nothing. I'd much rather have subtitles than watch a film that's been voiced over.

Same here. There are some really great and/or interesting movies out there that you'll never see if you can't handle subtitles.

LOVED Pan's Labyrinth - excellent visuals and interesting story. Violent, but that's ok.

If you like Del Torro and are one that doesn't mind subtitles, The Devil's Backbone is great too. It's a ghost story though, and not comic related.

Can't wait for Hellboy II.