• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Pep 22's at this last convention?

32 posts in this topic

The earliest issue I saw on a dealer's table was #34, but it probably had lots of work done and as far as I know, none of us bothered to ask the price. There were two Pep 30's in the city, but I don't think both were ever in the convention center at the same time...I brought my #27 along in hopes of finding an upgrade, but no luck there.

I also saw Peps 38, 47, 50, 51, 55, 57 and 58. I don't think any were better than VG, and the 57 was particularly ratty - I didn't buy it for that reason, though I hadn't seen the cover before. Hopefully I won't regret that!

I'm currently in Mississippi, of all places. If I make it back to Denver, around the 14th, I shall start a very late WW Chicago thread to show off some of my acquisitions. "Acquisitions" sounds so much better than "loot"...

not trying to derail the thread, but I don't want to start a new one either,.

how was the selection of GA Actions/Supes ? from everyones pics I saw, there weren't many, besides Wins incredible Actions (worship)

The earliest issue I saw on a dealer's table was #34, but it probably had lots of work done and as far as I know, none of us bothered to ask the price.

$1500

Ah, there we go, glad I didn't ask. :) Speaking of not asking, I think Archie #11 and up were fairly easy to find, though usually in pretty thrashed condition and not priced to move.

But all in all, the show was a fabulous experience. Somehow I appear not to have been photographed at all, despite hundreds of pictures being posted and me being there till they switched off the lights on Sunday afternoon. Fame continues to prove elusive.

not trying to derail the thread, but I don't want to start a new one either,.

how was the selection of GA Actions/Supes ? from everyones pics I saw, there weren't many, besides Wins incredible Actions (worship)

It's funny you should ask; one of the first things I noticed, this being my first big convention, was that many dealers seemed to have either two Golden Age Detectives or Actions on their walls, presumably to make them seem a bit more serious. Even one of the Star Wars toy dealers had a little sprinkling of DC GA for some reason. Others will be better able to talk about specific issue numbers, but there seemed to be a lot of pre-#100 Actions around.

And yes, Win's books were absurdly glorious!

What about a Archie #1? (shrug)

CC

Metro had a ratty copy. That was the only one I saw.

I saw it too but I don't remember the price?

$2100, if memory serves...

What about a Archie #1? (shrug)

CC

Metro had a ratty copy. That was the only one I saw.

I saw it too but I don't remember the price?

$2100 if memory serves...

I managed to dodge the camera everywhere too... except maybe TheWatcher's camera.

:) I know a few people looking for one.

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

here is the contact page from my website, which has at the bottom a great Pep 22 scan that I found on the internet ( after much searching, might I add )

http://www.goldenagegems.com/contact_info_id4.html

The book is #1 on my wantlist right now, so fellow Boardies, when one invariably and eventually comes on the market, prepare to be bid up quite a bit :devil:

The earliest issue I saw on a dealer's table Somehow I appear not to have been photographed at all, despite hundreds of pictures being posted and me being there till they switched off the lights on Sunday afternoon. Fame continues to prove elusive.

Here's a pic that includes you (stolen from Transplant's thread). Andy's the guy on the right with the brown T shirt.

61231-IMG_0259.jpg.8494b3961e6646514fb5d31b5b5428c0.jpg

Wonderful! I wonder what we were all looking at. It's holding the attention of five of us, whatever it was...

Now I'm off to Louisiana with my precious haul from Chicago. Any books that survive ten days in the humidity there will be shown off when I get home! :acclaim:

I was looking for early Actions and they were far and few between. After Metro there really was nothing else under issue #20 except for the #18 I picked up and maybe a #4 or #5 in low grade with resto somewhere.

R.