• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of CGC Timely's for sale: Cap #50 Young Allies #15

28 posts in this topic

THREAD OFFICIALLY CLOSED

Paypal, money orders and checks accepted.

Shipping via UPS (no PO boxes, sorry)

First :takeit: trumps.

Young Allies #15: $360.00 shipped :news:SOLD!

youngallies15.jpg

PRICE REDUCED

Captain America Comics #50: $485.00 shipped

$445 shipped Thread closed. :sorry:

cap50.jpg

grades? I can't see the pics.

R.

Is work blocking comic scans now? :pullhair:

6.5 and 5.0

Always did. Corporate shtuff....

Back cover scan of the Captain America #50 please. (thumbs u

here you go

sorry, best I can do. my scanner doesn't do slabs very well (the front scans are from the original CLink auctions when I won them) The upper left corner shows the most wear with some discoloration. The white dots sprinkled all over the image are from my scanner and not on the book or the slab. For instance, on the letter "P" in the word speedy, there's no white dot there, just some goofiness with my crappy scanner.

cheers!

Mike

sgt730.jpg

I'm not much of an expert on defects and this was already slabbed when I bought it. I guess it's water damage? (shrug)

Am at the office now but will take a digital pic of it tonight. Feel free to ask other boardies what they think. I'm sure there are plenty of people with solid knowledge of defects that could be fairly certain about what caused the discoloration.

(thumbs u

Mike

Mike, just call CGC and tell them you want the grader's notes.

R.

That was easy enough. Thanks for the tip Roy!

Here's the notes I got from CGC

Crease top right, front cover

Light stains back cover runs through book

Staple Tears

1st wrap miscut

That's the first time I ever got grader's notes. They run off the list of defects and it sounds awful. Maybe this amount of defects is standard for a 5.0? (shrug)

Oh well, dropping the price to $485, final price cut. If it doesn't sell here I will either list on feebay or keep.

Thanks all,

Mike

I'd be inclined to say that the staining probably did the book in.

I wouldn't be put off by notes. It's illuminating to find out why certain books grade a certain way.

I'd rather have a 5.0 with a hidden staind than a 5.0 with a crease across the front cover.

(thumbs u

R.

Too bad about the stain going through the book. I would have taken it if the stain was only on the back cover. :sorry:

Still, at that reduced price it is a steal of a deal for anyone looking for a nice mid grade Timely. (thumbs u

Too bad about the stain going through the book. I would have taken it if the stain was only on the back cover. :sorry:

Still, at that reduced price it is a steal of a deal for anyone looking for a nice mid grade Timely. (thumbs u

I would agree considering I paid $500 for it months ago in the CLink auction.

(thumbs u

I will probably toss it up on ebay and maybe another boardie will score an even better deal.