• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of CGC Timely's for sale: Cap #50 Young Allies #15

28 posts in this topic

Before you do that you might want to try another price reduction here - it will save you 6 - 8% on the eBay fees.

hm

Since I hate selling on e-bay, but it can be a necessary evil. Ebay+paypal = 12%, now add on listing fees. A $500.00 sale comes out more like $430.00.

At least here, you could option a discounted price, but only by money order to cover the 4% paypal takes.

Just trying to help, it is a very sweet book.

Before you do that you might want to try another price reduction here - it will save you 6 - 8% on the eBay fees.

hm

Since I hate selling on e-bay, but it can be a necessary evil. Ebay+paypal = 12%, now add on listing fees. A $500.00 sale comes out more like $430.00.

At least here, you could option a discounted price, but only by money order to cover the 4% paypal takes.

Just trying to help, it is a very sweet book.

I appreciate the help!

I'm going to go ahead and yank the book. Take my chances on the 'bay I guess.

Thanks, Mike

This was actually my first Cap issue ever. I thought I might hold onto it for a long time and then I realized I was more of a grade whore than I thought I was. :grin:

I think my next Cap will be something in the 8.0 or better range and I'll stick to those. I find myself happier spending $1000 on 1 book instead of $500 ea on 2. Or just buying high grade, pedigree books for cheap! :)

Like this one........

Wow50.jpg

This was actually my first Cap issue ever. I thought I might hold onto it for a long time and then I realized I was more of a grade whore than I thought I was. :grin:

I think my next Cap will be something in the 8.0 or better range and I'll stick to those. I find myself happier spending $1000 on 1 book instead of $500 ea on 2. Or just buying high grade, pedigree books for cheap! :)

Like this one........

Wow50.jpg

Man, sweet copy!

I agree. GA books seem to sell the best in the 3.0 - 6.0 range since they are readily affordable for most collectors. I think that early SA books will eventually reach this stage as well. While I like the look of high grade books, right now I am not in the high net worth collector group that is willing to pay top dollar for HG copies.

Unfortunately, most of the GA books I am looking for run $1K plus in 3.0. doh!