• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Maxx

31 posts in this topic

I've never really posted books from my Maxx run since there is little interest but I enjoy the run so why not? I was first introduced to the character in the Liquid Television days of MTV and started collecting the books soon after. It is very easy to complete a Maxx set. You can do it in one day with probably just Ebay alone. A 35 issue run. What is not easy is to have a complete set which includes variants. The toughest to find would be the black ashcans in which only 50 were produced for the first three issues. All 50 were signed and numbered. My copy is signed and marked "AP" by Kieth and is currently slabbed at a Qualified 9.0.

Thanks to Pirate, I now have my first Signature Series Maxx books signed by William Messner-Loebs. Eventually I would like to have my 35 issue run SS'd by Sam Kieth with #21 signed by Alan Moore.

Comico's Primer #5 is considered to be the first appearance in which a character called Max the Hare is introduced in a few pages. And yes, he was a rabbit in that book. I don't consider it a first appearance but that's me. Darker Image #1 is the first time we see the Maxx as we know him in comics. And the short segment in that book is just a preview of what is to come in The Maxx #1.

I'll post a few books today and over time, as SS opportunities come, will continue adding. I still haven't completed my collection yet. Next book on my list is a Black Edition of #3.

I rememebr owning Darker Image #1 and a few of the early Maxx issues. However I can't remember anything about the characters or storyline. Give me a basic run down on the series.

I rememebr owning Darker Image #1 and a few of the early Maxx issues. However I can't remember anything about the characters or storyline. Give me a basic run down on the series.

A homeless guy dressed in a purple costume who believes he's a hero must protect his social worker from emotional and physical harm in both the real world and an alternate one that he may or may not be imagining.

It's difficult to deliver a basic run down of this story since its open to different interpretations so I'll give you the standard fare HERE and if you want details after that, you can go HERE.

A homeless guy dressed in a purple costume who believes he's a hero must protect his social worker from emotional and physical harm in both the real world and an alternate one that he may or may not be imagining.

It's difficult to deliver a basic run down of this story since its open to different interpretations so I'll give you the standard fare HERE and if you want details after that, you can go HERE.

Definitely open to different interpretations. It gets a bit hazy in the last handful of issues at times. I really enjoyed reading the series. It certainly invites an awful lot of introspection if you're that kind of person or have been around people with relatable personal experience.

I have a couple copies of Maxx #1. I noticed that The Maxx title color is different on each. One is green and the other is orange or something. Are they reprints? I'll try to scan them later.

No beauty of a Maxx 1/2 Gold Edition CGC 9.6 (that deserved a 9.8)? Not that you necessarily have such a book. :whistle:

:grin: I was going to post that next! And thanks again for a sweet book. You're right, it does look absolutely perfect.

I submitted my raw 1/2 Gold and it didn't do as well.

MWgold.jpg

I have a couple copies of Maxx #1. I noticed that The Maxx title color is different on each. One is green and the other is orange or something. Are they reprints? I'll try to scan them later.

I don't recall a green titled one. Please post it when you get the chance.

I'm a huge Maxx fan, I'm still working on my collection, so far I have;

Maxx issues #1-35,

2 copies of the Maxx #1 Signed blue ashcan

The Maxx #1 (Glow in the Dark; 3-D, and 1 copy signed by Sam Kieth)

The Maxx 1/2

The Maxx 1/2 Gold

Friends of Maxx #1-3

Gen13/the Maxx

Wizard magazine #20

Darker Image #1 (3 copies with all 3 cards still bagged, 2 copies of the gold variant, and 1 platinum)

2 copies of Wizard Mini Comic gold #2

Altered Image #1-3

Comic Talk #1

The Savage Dragon #28

Gay Comics #24

The Troll Halloween Special #1

Sonic Super Special #7

Badrock and Company #1

Youngbloob #9

Freakforce #15

Bloodwulf #2

Armature #1

Sam Kieth's sketchbook

The Taxx 1/2 ashcan

The Maxx art portfolio #1

Mars attacks Image #1-4

Image illustrated #1

The Image Scene #0

but I am still looking for a few more, such as any of the ashcans, and yes I agree Comico #5 might not be his first appearance, but I'm still looking to add it to my collection

Welcome DirtyRedz. Always cool to see another Maxx collector.

Nice collection you've built up with nearly all the appearances.

I don't recall a green titled one. Please post it when you get the chance.

I pulled out my early Image books yesterday and recall seeing both a green and yellow logo version. I'll post a scan if Rodey doesn't beat me to it.

I checked last night. I was wrong. It was the cover to issue #4. The BACK cover of #3 has the cover of #4 (which is a different color). But someone else check too.

I was wrong too. All my Maxx 1 books have a red logo. I have real nice copies of 1-7. Are any of them worth anything in CGC 9.8? If so, I will submit them.

Edit. It was Vampirella 1 with both a red and a green logo that I was remembering.

Hello all, I'm aware that the Maxx appeared in Popbot #2, but i found a pic of a Popbot page with the Maxx that isn't from that book and was wondering if you might be able to help me figure out where it came from. This is how i received it in an eComic that was labeled Popbot #2

POPBOT_02-68.jpg

I figured it was a negative so I inverted it and this is what i got.

P00016.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated