• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

selling a high grade collection

24 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone would know someone or dealer who would have the resources ($) to buy a high grade SA/BA collection. For more information see my post is in the selling only forum. Around 3500 comics. 80% are pre 1974, the rest are 1975 - 1979 where 70% are VF/NM or higher.

Dude this is the wrong spot for this post.

You alread have a post in another forum.

lol

Actually two other threads, one in forum only selling, one in the dealer section. Now a third in general. doh! Why not post this in the SA and BA section, too?

If people weren't drooling in anticpitation over the books, there'd be a ruckus over the misuse of space. Seems like a move to me. I should know, being Pontoon.

yes, but i know many don't have the $$$ to buy such a collection.

Of course many dealers have the money, I have the money, lots of people on here have the money, but no dealer will "have the money" to buy something at, or near, retail, which is I think what's you're getting at.

If people weren't drooling in anticpitation over the books, there'd be a ruckus over the misuse of space. Seems like a move to me. I should know, being Pontoon.

That's how it always is, and the main reason why I've stopped commenting on Board SPAM. Every time you do, the regulars hammer you down for "driving away some nice books".

Just not worth it anymore, so let them eat SPAM I say!!

Of course many dealers have the money, I have the money, lots of people on here have the money, but no dealer will "have the money" to buy something at, or near, retail, which is I think what's you're getting at.

Boy oh boy.. ppl on the boards are sensitive. Well, first for the spam, I really didn't know it was such a problem on the boards. I haven't been here for a very long time. I now remember why :) Don't worry, I will only be here for about a week then I’m gone forever. BTW, only looking for about 30-35% of retail for HG comics and Yes there's some key issues.

BTW, only looking for about 30-35% of retail for HG comics and Yes there's some key issues.

Sorry I misread that, as your earlier post had me thinking of "collector prices". (shrug)

As for the SPAM posts, this is actually quite tame compared to the usual barrage, which you've got to understand would become a deluge of "Buy My Comics" posts in General if unchecked.

Boy oh boy.. ppl on the boards are sensitive. Well, first for the spam, I really didn't know it was such a problem on the boards. I haven't been here for a very long time. I now remember why :) Don't worry, I will only be here for about a week then I’m gone forever. BTW, only looking for about 30-35% of retail for HG comics and Yes there's some key issues.

Spam is a major problem on virtually every message board on the net. A board devoted to highly tradeable commodities (such as valuable comics) is a constant target for spam.

The only reason the General board isn't 99% sales threads and people saying "Hey check my ebay!" is because the community smacks 'em down (thumbs u

This isn't a rant. I'm just pointing out why it's a problem, and why you got ever-so-slightly berated. I trust the thread will be removed by a mod soon enough anyway.

My checkbook is big and deep. If you're serious, send me the list.

My checkbook is big and deep. If you're serious, send me the list.

My checkbook could slap yours around the block.. :sumo:

mainly because I rarely use it. :insane:

Checkbooks are like muscles, those that are used regularly are generally bigger and more effective. :baiting: