• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Reports!

96 posts in this topic

200k seems right. Spider-man is iconic and Ditko is one of the premiere spidey artists.

A piece this iconic, especially if it's from issue 3, should be much, much higher. If the cover is worth $1 million, this piece is an easy 500k.

... is what you would usually say. Don't hold back on us.

200k seems right. Spider-man is iconic and Ditko is one of the premiere spidey artists.

A piece this iconic, especially if it's from issue 3, should be much, much higher. If the cover is worth $1 million, this piece is an easy 500k.

You think the cover is $1 million? Ok, $500k for the splash. But $200k is than a steal.

As regards the Avengers - X-men deal. If that was for $175K thats strong too.

...and it's an incredible pin-up and sure, I'd love to own it - but seriously, no one in their right mind would pay $200,000 cash for this pin-up. Oh wait, we haven't heard detail on what those covers sold for yet...

You think the cover is $1 million? Ok, $500k for the splash. But $200k is than a steal.

As regards the Avengers - X-men deal. If that was for $175K thats strong too.

That cover is worth $8 million, easy. Geez, Spider-Man 2 was so good, that alone should get Sam Raimi to hunt down that cover.

Im going to fold. Pots to small. L8r.

awww come on...you got room for a few more.

Cool_Hand_Luke_50_eggs.jpg

Given how mcsilly and uncanny some art have sold for recently, it's no surprise that cover prices have reached these levels. :o

For any of the premium pieces, the sellers could certainly hold out for all cash. At these price levels, it narrows the field down quickly.

:popcorn:

Cheers!

N

40k apiece on the Stevens and the 1st Cap marvel.... i like, but a TAD steep for me.... (I'll have to be content with Cap. Marvel 4)

I did just buy a twice up beauty in S.D.... even though I'm at home cleaning out my garage...

....and I sold 3 pieces to guys in S.D.... I guess my prices are looking pretty good right about now....! Check out my CAf, still have a few sweet pieces for sale !!!

Heard of a Neal Adams X-Men-related cover selling for $120K...any details out there? (shrug)

I heard $175K for the Adams Avengers #93 cover & Windsor-Smith X-Men 55 cover. Would love to see those images!

That was the final hammer price, Burkey was the middle man. That's 175k for both not each of course.

I reiterate my previous post. 175k was the hammer price done deal.

Thanks for the updates guys.

I regret not being able to attend just to see some of the art in person.

Bob

- I am assuming the $175K per cover was all cash? (shrug)

Cheers!

N

That price was for the pair -- not each. Still stunning, regardless.