• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art from the Toronto Comicon

37 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif

WOW! Impressive stuff. It goes without saying that after Dave showed me that Batman sketch, I wanted to roll him for it laugh.gif

I just didn't have any luck with getting sketches this past weekend frown.gif

But it wasn't a total waste; while waiting in line a few times, I did manage to finish off a spidey sketch I've been doping at for some time now -- You'll notice I took some liberties in adding a background with the final image wink.gif

spidey1.jpg" width="291" height="218" border="1

spidey3.jpg" width="450" height="329" border="1

Wow! That's a great pic Alex! I got Michael to do a Swampy for me in B'more. Can't remember if it's scanned or not (Lantern?? If you have it, please post). I really like yours! Looks like he had more time with it. Were there long lines in Toronto?

Again, awesome piece! thumbsup2.gif

Chris

Were there long lines in Toronto?

Hey Chris

The lines were heavy at times; but if you toughed it out, it wasn't really that bad. In my situation, I waited a few times, and by the time I got to the front of the line, the artist took off (for a break), or stopped sketching, and took autographs, or was doing interviews (apparently, there was a t.v. network doing interviews with artists for an upcoming documentary on comics).

As requested, Mike Kaluta's Swamp Thing. I've had to shrink it quite a bit to make it fit properly.

Alex, even in a doctored scan that's stunning. By far that was the best sketch I saw all weekend - really nice stuff.

DAM

Joe, that's a tight spidey! I didn't realize that you drew - cool! laugh.gif

Thanks Dave. Ever since I was about 6 or 7; I almost completely abandoned freehand drawing for that least 8 or so years because I got heavily into digital art. I got back into freehand drawing about a year ago. I have a few sketchbooks that I take along with me everywhere, and a mobile tablet PC that affords me the same kind of freehand capabilities as a pencil and paper.

I just can't get over how awesome that Jimenez sketch is.... thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif