• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is Steve Ditko in Hiding???

121 posts in this topic

I just finished it as well. It's extremely well done. Sure, there are some generalizations that Bell makes that I am not sure are 100% correct, but I thought it was a great effort to provide insight into Ditko's life. Great biographical and professional history, and it's very well illustrated with examples of Ditko's work from his start decades ago to near present day. Bell analyzes his art intelligently and doesn't pull any punches regarding the criticisms of Ditko's modern works and his move to highly preachy objectivist material rather than traditional funny book fare.

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who wants a great coffee table book and some insight into a very unique and talented comics innovator who has chosen to pursue his personal philosophies of life rather than monetary gain or public acclaim.

Great review/synopsis Rhino...I think when I left mine I was pressed for time...

Thanks! No worries on your review, I think it's pretty to the point.

I hope a lot of people pick this up and read it. Then the answer to the question that started this thread will be very obvious.

And, it's full of purdy pictures and artwork! :grin: