• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Actual super powers?

47 posts in this topic

Count Dante, the Deadliest Man Alive

:roflmao:

You know you were as impressed with him as I was, Spoon. With his symmetrical 'fro imposing fu manchu style mustache and menacing scowl. I'm almost wetting my pants just thinking about how tough he was!

C'mon, he was a hairdresser. He had to look the part.

Count Dante, the Deadliest Man Alive

:roflmao:

You know you were as impressed with him as I was, Spoon. With his symmetrical 'fro imposing fu manchu style mustache and menacing scowl. I'm almost wetting my pants just thinking about how tough he was!

C'mon, he was a hairdresser. He had to look the part.

lol again!

I'd like to see Count Dante take on Stronguy. I imagine Ravishing Rono, the De-Natured Boy vs. The Crusher .

Ravishing-Rono-icon.gifCrusher-icon.gif

" * In a 1990 interview the late comic book artist Jack Kirby said he created the Incredible Hulk after seeing a mom lift a car off a kid. However, Kirby's former assistant Mark Evanier doubts the story, saying Kirby never mentioned it privately. Let it not be said the Straight Dope suppresses negative results."

Kirby :cloud9:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/060120.html

If you believe in that sort of thing, people who claim to be psychic. Silvia Brown is one of the more famous ones.

Also, there are people who claim to be able to communicate with the dead. The one guy who freaks me out is a local guy named "Walt". A local radio station has him on every Halloween and he does readings for people who call in. They never give out his last name because he doesn't want to be hounded by people and he doesn't charge anyone. It could be a hoax, but to hear the show every year it seems legit. I think if it were fake, there's too many people involved and it would've leaked by now.

The Barsky's Show in Philadelphia is the radio show.

Sylvia Browne has been so thoroughly debunked and exposed that it's embarrassing!

There has never been a 'real' psychic as far as we know. Cold reading is well understood and requires no supernatural talent.

Personally I'm of the opinion that 'psychics' should have to prove their abilities before being allowed to sell their services. They make extraordinary claims which would be easily provable if they were true, so I can't see a problem. This would of course mean there would be no more psychics (thumbs u

Wow what a bunch of . No one has yet to mention the greatest living hero the world has ever known, Chuck Norris! He would've owned Bruce Lee outside the silver screen. :baiting:

Chuck actually studied under Bruce Lee for a while and said it was a great and humbling experience.