• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIlver's San Diego Con report * MANY PICTURES*

47 posts in this topic

Wow, and I hope you paid an arm and a leg for it.

wm178.jpg

Interesting that the new "hip" revamp of WW failed...I peronsally like that run.

I think the new hip Green Lantern failed as well lol

Silver,

Great Report!! Lots of pictures :cloud9:

By the way, do you remember what the BB 28-30 and the early JLAs were priced and graded at.....from Dale Roberts' booth?

thanks

spookley

Alot! lol

Dale had a lot of nice books. His pricing is very agressive, but he will deal a bit. I got the B&B for a fair price. I can't say I remember the JLA books though.

Brave & Bold#28 is restored, but looks decent and is priced at 1200.00. #29 is 7.0 and priced at 750.00. #30 is an 8.0 and is priced at 1000.00.

JLA #1 is a solid 6.0 - 6.5 and priced at 1100.00. 2 #2s, one about Fine priced at 300.00, one at 7.5 - 8.0 priced at 700.00. #3 is a nice 7.0 and is priced at 600.00.

I sold a ton of books this weekend. It was really an incredible show for me. Sold more books that I would have imagined possible actually. Thanks to everyone that came by the booths and especially to those who bought. Met a ton of forumites this weekend, including some great guys at the war comics dinner.

Interesting that the new "hip" revamp of WW failed...I peronsally like that run.

I don't think that it failed, but DC did catch some heat from various feminist groups of the time, for de-powering one of the major female superheroes.

It had to be an influence, as once WW came back as a super-powered gal, she wore the same updated costume as featured in Gloria Steinem's MS magazine article.

Well actually...that isn't Joe in the picture...but it is his booth (thumbs u

Hate for you to meet him someday and say "you don't look like your picture at all!" lol

Hate for you to meet him someday and say "you don't look like your picture at all!" lol

Bob Cook

Bob Cook

where's your report :baiting:

stop trolling and start writing!

Bob Cook

where's your report :baiting:

stop trolling and start writing!

I'm in the airport :cry:

Bob Cook

BOB COOK is so funny, it was funny to here him go off on these rants before the show opened each day!

Me and BOB storm were laughing so hard! :roflmao:

I don't really collect this series but I have always liked the 178 and 179, so now I have one of the two in nice shape:

wm178.jpg

:cloud9: I absolutely love this book!

It's kind of a grail for me. I used to have an absolutely flawless copy, that I bought back in the mid 90's, for about 10 bucks or so.

I stupidly sold it in 2002, for a price that seems amazingly low now :censored:

(BTW, does anyone know the GPA for 9.4)

Anyway, every time I come across a copy online or at a con, I always mentally compare it to my own old copy and I've vowed never to buy one that looks worse.

This one is really good by the way.

Oh and... great report (thumbs u

:cloud9: I absolutely love this book!

It's kind of a grail for me. I used to have an absolutely flawless copy, that I bought back in the mid 90's, for about 10 bucks or so.

I stupidly sold it in 2002, for a price that seems amazingly low now :censored:

(BTW, does anyone know the GPA for 9.4)

Anyway, every time I come across a copy online or at a con, I always mentally compare it to my own old copy and I've vowed never to buy one that looks worse.

This one is really good by the way.

Oh and... great report (thumbs u

Thanks! I am very happy about getting this book! :cloud9:

GPA has last sale in April 2007 as $478

Census has 2 in 9.6 and 5 in 9.4

Thanks for the report. Is this Joe Verenault? Does anyone have contact info?

DSC_0730.jpg

Yes, that is Joe. I am sure someone knows how get in touch with him.

I see that Joe got in some early Actions since the Chicago Con. On the other hand, he has had that Adventure 40 forever.