• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Glen Fabry painted covers from Hellblazer and more..

42 posts in this topic

OK I do not have scans of any of the issues I have, so I "borrowed" a few pictures from Chuck's website.

Looking again at them, I really like them but I like all his covers. I am just a little biased towards Thor :)

thor2.gif

thor6.gif

OK, these aren't all Fabry covers, but they make a nice group photo

Very nice set!! (thumbs u

Thx! I'm not rich enough to build the best Spidey set, or the best Conan set (much as I'd like to), so I console myself by building a top Hellblazer set. I realise that slabbing these makes most people raise an eyebrow, but I enjoy adding to the set and it's AFFORDABLE! :grin:

It's also not as easy as all that. If anyone ever finds a 9.8 HB#27, let me know.

Thx! I'm not rich enough to build the best Spidey set, or the best Conan set (much as I'd like to), so I console myself by building a top Hellblazer set. I realise that slabbing these makes most people raise an eyebrow, but I enjoy adding to the set and it's AFFORDABLE! :grin:

It's also not as easy as all that. If anyone ever finds a 9.8 HB#27, let me know.

Great shot!

Only 200+ books to go :)

GREAT Group shot. When I get my books back from CGC (all Fabry covers) I'll be sure to post a group shot as well.

And may I say, F Spidey! !

You are a brave man to undertake a HELLBLAZER set. I am concentrating on PREACHER before I even consider getting a CGC run of HB.

Building a HB set (or any VERTIGO run) may be cheaper than building a Spidey run, but it won't be any easier. I haven't checked the HB census, but I know more than half of the PREACHER books don't have a graded example. and another 25% only have one example. So getting a run, in any grade, will be challenging.

Good luck with HB doh!

Mike

GREAT Group shot. When I get my books back from CGC (all Fabry covers) I'll be sure to post a group shot as well.

:popcorn:

You are a brave man to undertake a HELLBLAZER set. I am concentrating on PREACHER before I even consider getting a CGC run of HB.

Building a HB set (or any VERTIGO run) may be cheaper than building a Spidey run, but it won't be any easier. I haven't checked the HB census, but I know more than half of the PREACHER books don't have a graded example. and another 25% only have one example. So getting a run, in any grade, will be challenging.

Yep, I'll have to submit almost all of them myself. On the very rare occasion that a 9.8 of an issue I don't have pops up on ebay I'll take it like a shot (assuming it's priced sensibly).

Great shot!

Only 200+ books to go :)

Getting ready to submit another 30 soon....

So when are we going to see your Sandmen all together? Waiting until the set's complete? :popcorn:

Definitely - only have 16 books left to go (out of 77), but, unfortunately, most of those have either none or just one 9.8 in the census. Just got a Sandman #50 platinum variant CGC 9.8 back - apart from the #8 editorial variant, that's pretty much the hardest Sandman book to find in high grade :cloud9:

Yep, I'll have to submit almost all of them myself. On the very rare occasion that a 9.8 of an issue I don't have pops up on ebay I'll take it like a shot (assuming it's priced sensibly).

this thread may work out for you in the long run. I actually got out more HB to get graded knowing you need them.

:hi:

this thread may work out for you in the long run. I actually got out more HB to get graded knowing you need them.

:hi:

It's worked out for me in the short run too :grin:

I'm gearing up to submit another batch soon. Always interested in picking up 9.8's that I don't have (thumbs u

It really doesn't matter what anyone else on these boards thinks, so long as it make you a happy collector. That's why I started the "Slabbing Books For Yourself" thread in Comics General, because there are a few books I am thinking about slabbing that don't have a lot of resale value, but they are important to me.

By the way, are you tracking your collection in the CGC registry?

It really doesn't matter what anyone else on these boards thinks, so long as it make you a happy collector. That's why I started the "Slabbing Books For Yourself" thread in Comics General, because there are a few books I am thinking about slabbing that don't have a lot of resale value, but they are important to me.

By the way, are you tracking your collection in the CGC registry?

I sure am:

cgcaward08.jpg

I'm the best there is at what I do, because nobody else does it lol