• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Wins !!!!!! Post them here

118 posts in this topic

so - and bear with me, I have never "non-thrill" bid on heritage before - if I just find the ebay auction associated with the heritage item, I can just put a regular snipe bid in with software just like it was any old ebay auction?

If so, will it be placed right at the end of does the auction extend somehow?

:roflmao:

Ask skypinkblu about that. :gossip:

Heritage sh*t on Sharon over a Sensation Comic that was listed on eBay and also had live bidding going on at the same time. Even though she had the high bid and was informed that she had won, a hail Mary "floor bid" knocked her out of the saddle.

Heritage sh*t on Sharon over a Sensation Comic that was listed on eBay and also had live bidding going on at the same time. Even though she had the high bid and was informed that she had won, a hail Mary "floor bid" knocked her out of the saddle.

IT WAS THE HAND OF GOD AND 100% LEGAL!

Just ask Diego Maradonna.

:screwy:

I had the same thing happen with one of the Mile High GA Flash's in the last auction. It said I was the high bidder on the Internet Live screen, but someone else won the book for the same price. (shrug)

I was actually happy about this, though, as I was able to put the funds towards my Tec #28 instead. lol

I haven't bought from Heritage since they reamed me on an X-Men book about a year ago. I can't prove it, but someone knew my max bid and bid it up to that point almost exactly.

This may have happened to me with an issue of Batman in the recently closed Sunday auction. This particular issue was not simultaneously being auctioned on eBay or I may have bid (perhaps sniped) on it via that avenue based on what I recall of a HA eBay auction for a 9.8 DD 158 a few weeks ago. If I recall correctly, the DD auction specifically mentioned that a buyer's premium was not to be charged and made some other points concerning $. If I am able to locate the information I will post it.

I had the same thing happen with one of the Mile High GA Flash's in the last auction. It said I was the high bidder on the Internet Live screen, but someone else won the book for the same price. (shrug)

I was actually happy about this, though, as I was able to put the funds towards my Tec #28 instead. lol

so what's the upshot here then? you can bid on the ebay auction using snipe software and it will get placed but might get shill bid anyways?

this is so confusing for a heritage newb like me. I was watching Captain america 4. its says closed for bidding, current bid $900.

but when you click on it it says of Bidders: 11

Current Bid: $1,400.00

Minimum Bid: $1,500.00

My Heritage Secret

Maximum Bid: $X

So I guess it went for $1400?

this is so confusing for a heritage newb like me. I was watching Captain america 4. its says closed for bidding, current bid $900.

but when you click on it it says of Bidders: 11

Current Bid: $1,400.00

Minimum Bid: $1,500.00

My Heritage Secret

Maximum Bid: $X

So I guess it went for $1400?

Who knows? The moose on the wall could have won it.

I bid on Heritage fairly often and haven't ever had any trouble with them. They take a week to ship whatever you win, though

If you are bidding on one of their auctions currently on eBay, then you are placing a bid that will be used during a floor auction. You can be outbid by someone who is actually present in Dallas. You can bid using their LiveAuction software but I think that is where people are getting screwed up. As I understand it, they have someone at a computer looking at whether any bids are being placed while the auction is in progress. Of course, you are trying to type a response to someone typing in what the current bid is. The delay in that system makes it useless IMHO. If you are going to bid on one of their eBay auctions, just go to their website and bid through there instead.

I don't find Heritage's fee to be a problem. They tell you exactly what it is and even calculate it for for the current bid amount. If you end up paying too much you're just not paying attention. The people who should complain about Heritage's fee are the one's selling because they are getting gored.

Oh well, speed of shipping is another matter all together. I won two Fantastic Frank Superboys and paid promptly. After about a month I called and asked where they were and they said they had been mailed. About a week later they finally "found" them and sent them on to me.

But hey, who am I to only mention the bad points. A few good points would be... I like their web site and they are located in Dallas.

I'm watching HA live right now, there are 200 people on HA Live and 10 people using ebay. Prices are going crazy, this auctioneer is better then others I've seen there. She is waiting for internet bids. Other times I've seen a guy just blow through the auction in just minutes and he would seem to get ticked off if a bid came in late.

This woman is kind of funny.

This was my one and only foray into Heritage a few years ago. The book was shipped quickly enough.

Blue label but what failed to register (this was when I was drinking too much rum and coke) was the CGC Label Notation that Hertiage even mentioned: "Original staples removed. Two extra staples added not from manufacture". I thuoght it would be an interesting pre-precode (1942) monster addition to my collection.

63587.jpg.d63afc7186cbbc8b73aa80d5f9f38434.jpg

I haven't bought from Heritage since they reamed me on an X-Men book about a year ago. I can't prove it, but someone knew my max bid and bid it up to that point almost exactly.

Yet another reason to ONLY snipe... :juggle:

Actually, I'd say it's a reason to not deal with them. rantrant