• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Wins !!!!!! Post them here

118 posts in this topic

While I would never buy a comic book off Heritage, I have parked my "they are the :devil: " knowledge for OA where there are less venues. Here is my win.

NTT20.jpg

How convenient. :baiting:

:grin:

Yes Andrew you can :baiting: and :flamed: and :boo:

I've read the Halperin Forbes article (as well as the rebuttal) and do not think for a moment Heritage looks on comics as anything more than a welcome mat to pillage and rake profits for their company. I wish there were more art dealers and I wish there were more dealers whom I trusted.

The sad fact is that the OA market is in the hands of a very small segment (especially when compared to comics) and that lack of proliferation leads to monopolistic realities that one must face if one is to participate in the hobby.

Don't worry Jason, I don't judge. :whistle:

I'll be in T.O in the fall, if you want to further discuss the convenience of my rationalization over a few beers, looks like I'm buying

Sounds good, bro. Give me a heads up when you're around. (thumbs u

thanks mike

looks like i started a thread for myself---or i am the only dumb as s to buy a book from heritage--shoulda started it in gold age--doing anything in general brings out the jack offs

Referring to anyone in particular? meh

:blush: I was refferring to the other jack offs :whistle:

Yeah, I'm afraid that Heritage is dead to me. I figure giving them your patronage is little different to keeping the local crack dealer in business.

You're handing over your money to criminals to feed your addiction. (thumbs u

:sick: Don't hold back, Nick, I think there's some room for you to be just a bit more condescending and patronizing.

Ya think? hm

Anyhoo, tell me I'm wrong. (thumbs u

...well in a way you're wrong Nick,..you forgot to mention that the crack had been stepped on about 4x and costs 20% more,...

I don't recall you having a problem with Heritage until they wouldn't let you sell in a Signature Auction. I guess it's true what they say about hell hath no fury like...

..I find it interesting that you know so much about my private business considering you are half a world away,...Do you get get regular stock holder's reports from Heritage or nightly E-mails?

Why would I need any inside info from Heritage? You whined on these boards like a little girl for weeks after they told you that you couldn't sell some books in the Signature Auction. And every post about Heritage from you after that was nasty, whereas you seemed to have no moral qualms at all previously with doing business with them (hence your trying to sell through them, 20% cost and all).

At least Nick's criticisms of Heritage comes from genuine moral and ethical disputes that he has with them, whereas with you it seems to be nothing more than the rage of a temper tantrum (or of a jilted lover) that you're trying to now cloak in some sort of moral outrage.

As for folks being bid up to their limit...

In every auction there are under-bidders. They get bid past their limit.

In every auction their are winners. Their bid holds up.

Between Heritage, C-Link and all the others (including eBay) folks get bid to their limit on a regular basis. You have to figure that if you are bidding on something you probably have a fair idea of what the market is on that item. Well you are not the only one. So the odds are strong that if you bid at the top of the market on an item someone else is too.

Until someone can show me statistics that show an unusual preponderance towards shill bidding to a limit on on-line bids I will have to be skeptical of the claim.

While I am not a honk for Heritage, I do bid in their auctions regularly. From my experience there have been some items that reached my max bid that I was stunned by. But statistically speaking, it was a proper amount.

Well said, Rich. (thumbs u

It's incredible that people can be so arrogant to think they're the only person in the world who might arrive at a particular bid for a book, particularly taking into account the way the bidding mechanism works.

In any event, I would like to assure the winner of the Tim Holt #17 and US#64 that they were not shilled by Heritage, it was just little old me with my weird bid amounts that underbid you and drove up your winning price. And I would like to thank Heritage for not shilling the :censored: out of me on the one book that I won, when there was still so much upside in my max bid. Why, if they're so determined to grind all their customers into dust in pursuit of that extra dollar, did they not do that?

As for whomever made the "woman scorned" comment...and I only skimmed, so I won't go back and check, I know it wasn't directed at ME, lol..but since I think I'm the only "woman" posting on this thread...please kindly refrain from sexist remarks...or some "woman" might take it the wrong way...now I COULD make statements about testosterone, but it rarely occurs to me:) :angel:[/color]

The comment was from me, and it most definitely was not aimed at you. :foryou:

While I would never buy a comic book off Heritage, I have parked my "they are the :devil: " knowledge for OA where there are less venues. Here is my win.

NTT20.jpg

Michael: I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex.

Sam Weber: Ah, come on. Nothing's more important than sex.

Michael: Oh yeah? Ever gone a week without a rationalization?

:baiting:

Nice pick up, Jason. :applause:

thanks mike

looks like i started a thread for myself---or i am the only dumb as s to buy a book from heritage

Sorry, I'm just superstitious, so unless it's a book that I don't really care about, I don't like to publicly show what I won until it's safely in my hands.

thanks mike

looks like i started a thread for myself---or i am the only dumb as s to buy a book from heritage

Sorry, I'm just superstitious, so unless it's a book that I don't really care about, I don't like to publicly show what I won until it's safely in my hands.

08/08/08.

thanks mike

08/08/08.

That's actually a very auspicious date! :grin:

As for whomever made the "woman scorned" comment...and I only skimmed, so I won't go back and check, I know it wasn't directed at ME, lol..but since I think I'm the only "woman" posting on this thread...please kindly refrain from sexist remarks...or some "woman" might take it the wrong way...now I COULD make statements about testosterone, but it rarely occurs to me:) :angel:[/color]

The comment was from me, and it most definitely was not aimed at you. :foryou:

Thank you:) I am very used to dealing with mostly male groups, I enjoy the company here, and I barely notice most of the comments, because I know they are not REALLY anti female...but sometimes....

I can't help myself;) :devil:

and I really did NOT go back and check...if I had seen it was you, I might have waited for another opportunity...maybe;) :baiting:

:foryou:

I'm truly happy to see the nice pickups here, it's fun looking and congrats to all.

Hey thanks Tim :grin:

As with many things I think that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Do I disagree with Heritage business practices? Yes. Do I believe they are capable of pressing their entire inventory as well as other shenanigans? Yes. Is the BP insane? Yes.

However is Heritage evil incarnate and are all their auctions shilled? No.

For example the NTT page I bought hit the floor at $220. I immediately bid it up to $400, every time I put an incremental bid in it was countered by the internet. I am betting dollars to donuts that the internet bid was a certain entertainment lawyer from L.A. who is the preeminent Perez OA collector.

Now had I stopped at $400, the LA attorney may have thought (as the internet reserve was $400) man someone bid me up to my max bid, I was shilled. Not true. As it was I busted that bid at $425, got countered from HALive and then scooped it at $500 ($600 with the BP). Had I set my secret bid at $500, I would have been bid up to $400-$450 for sure by 2 other collectors and thought wow it was $220 at the time it hit the floor and I got shilled to within $50 of my bid. Again not true.

Now a regular NTT 1/2 splash from the 1980 series will hammer anywhere from $400 to $600 at open auction. That is not a large spread and there are 3-5 very serious collectors who know this and their bids will be in that range dependent on the page in question, their resources and how many other irons they have in the fire.

Do I believe that shill bidding occurs at major auction houses? Absolutely. Does it happen 100% of the time or even 50% of the time? No.

2c

OK, who snagged that white-paged Crime Does Not Pay #22 7.0? (shrug)

$4500 was triple the range HA expected and double my weak azz bid.

I don't know who bought it, but I know who consigned it. That book had been sitting at $700 raw in a certain dealer's inventory for the last three years. It finally sold at Wonder-Con, got slabbed, and here we are!

I don't know who bought it, but I know who consigned it. That book had been sitting at $700 raw in a certain dealer's inventory for the last three years. It finally sold at Wonder-Con, got slabbed, and here we are!

Really nice book, and a heck of a good price for a nice looking raw copy. Thank you for the background.

Really nice book, and a heck of a good price for a nice looking raw copy. Thank you for the background.

(thumbs u