• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Three Decades of Millie the Model 50s 60s 70s

63 posts in this topic

I had started to put together a full run of all the Millie titles many moons ago and just gave up at some point. Now I'm giving up permananetly and here's some of them.

I have a bunch more but I was surprised to find no market at all for these on the auction sites outside of the DeCarlo issues. So I'm just testing the waters with these, so be sure to tell me if you would like to see more of the over the next few days this week. If there's no interest, I'll eat them. Yum.

I charge exact USPS priority mail boxed shipping. I pick up CONUS shipping costs for boxes whose contents cost you $50 or more. If you do not like it, send it back. I'm hungry.

If you want a back cover scan or any more information about a book, please post in the thread what book you are PMing me about and you will get first pick.

I am giving these extra attention for grading and examining the interiors since they are often incomplete. Mine are complete or they get put in the junk pile.

A Date With Millie v1#7 1957

Presents very nicely with some gloss but has a halo on the covers, color flecks at spine, chipping on top edge front and back. Little chunk missing at the corner. Pages or c/ow. Interior coloring pages are untouched and nothing is cut out. Manufactured with only one staple, top staple and holes are missing.

Dan DeCarlo cover, Stan Lee scripts. My Girl Pearl backup.

Gonna call it a VG+ overall. $35 (SOLD via PM)

File0006.jpg

Millie the Model #111 1962

Some surface wear, little tear right edge front cover. Pages are ow/w. Nothing colored in or cut out on the inside, there are a number of cut-out and dress-up pages. Some lingerie panels.

Stan Lee and Goldberg work.

F+ $15

File0011.jpg

Millie the Model #191 1971

Looks like it was printed on a non glossy stock. A little rubbing on the bottom let front cover. Similar rubbing on the back cover. ow/w pages.

VF/NM $30

File0039.jpg

Millie the Model #207

Last Issue. Another stunner. Bone white pages. Front cover has no surface wear, lower spine has sume rubbing, lower right corner slightly blunted. The back cover has some surface impressions I usually associate with a bundle strap and a couple light bends at the lower spine corner. The book has a very slight vertical wave near the right side that would go away after some time a the bottom of a stack.

Calling it VF to be safe. $35

File0041.jpg

I don't suppose you have a Millie #130 or Modeling with Millie #41

same month/year Sept. 1965

Thanks for the replies - I'll keep going tonight. I do not think I have more DeCarlo covers. I am relatively certain I have a Modelling with Millie 41.As for higher grade copies, I'm not sure - most of these I am grading for the first time since I siphoned them off of collections. I would not be surprised if some of the silver books break Fine and get to VF.I'll get them all up tonight. I need to grade and price them anyway.