• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Beast Question.

40 posts in this topic

Can someone give me a brief overview on the Beast?

I know how he turned himself Blue and all that, but where was that in continuity? after x-men 94, no?

Also, how did it come about that he became an avenger? Not only in the story, but what was Marvel thinkiong at the time?

And how come he is never the brialliant bio-physicist in The Avengers that he is in X-Men books?

And how fast does a duck weigh?

That's all. thanks!

X-Men #1 - First Appearance

Amazing Adventures #11 - Left Xaviers' school, went to work for Brand Corp., took mutagenic serum causing him to take on furry form.

Avengers #137 - became provisional Avenger

Avengers #151 - granted full Avengers membership

Avengers #211 - left full time active service as an Avenger

Defenders #1 - joined Defenders

Defenders #125 - organized New Defenders

Defenders #152 - ended Defenders, as result of battle with Moondragon and the dragon of the moon

X-Factor #1-3 - rejoined original members of X-men to found X-Factor I, reunited with Vera Cantor, captured by Tower, subjected to chemotherapy and radiation by Carl Maddicks, suffered cardiac arrest, rescued by X-Factor I, recovered and returned to human form.

X-Factor #24 - captured by Apocalypse, learned that his strength was increasing whenever it was employed at superhuman levels, but at the cost of the loss of his intellect.

X-Factor #31 - rescued Iceman from Infectia, mutated by Infectia's power.

X-Factor #33 - returned to furry form and full intelligence

Uncanny X-Men #281 - rejoined X-men

Hope that helps

The beast was a fairly popular character with no book of his own, which fits the Marvel criteria for membership in the Avengers-Quicksilver,Scarlet Witch,Vision,Herc, Wondy,Dr Pym and Wasp, Hawkeye ect,ect

While he is a brillant bio-sci guy,I don't think it has ever been stated that he was on the same level as Hank Pym,nor did he have the use of Alien technology like moondragon did so his talents in that field were never called upon during his stint with the Avengers in the 70s-80s.

Asto where AA11 fits into X-men timeframe,good question.

I don't recall many major X-men appearences between their book going into reprints and GS1 that featured a blue beast and their appearence in CapAmerica in the 170s is sans Beast so somewhere in between would seem a logical guess.I'm sure I have both the X-men index and chronicles at my moms house so if no one else gives a definitive answerI'll try to dig it up for you.

Asto where AA11 fits into X-men timeframe,good question.

I don't recall many major X-men appearences between their book going into reprints and GS1 that featured a blue beast and their appearence in CapAmerica in the 170s is sans Beast so somewhere in between would seem a logical guess.I'm sure I have both the X-men index and chronicles at my moms house so if no one else gives a definitive answerI'll try to dig it up for you.

Come on guys. I can't make it any easer then saying "Click on the link in my sig." Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. makepoint.gif

No, it did....He turned Blue in 1972....during the X-Men reprint run. Which means he shoulda been blue in GS X-Men1, but I don't remember that being the case (was he even in it?)

Anyway, thanks to all....that helps with the time line perspective....

OG,

Very nice website.

You state that in Avengers 110 the etire team is present.

Is this the blue beast or the original?

I don't recall reading the first time X's boys and girls run into the mutated beast. That must have been quite a story in and of itself. Any issue numbers on that? thumbsup2.gif

No offense OG but your site really doesn't help answer his questions

None taken. It answers is question just fine. "I know how he turned himself Blue and all that, but where was that in continuity? after x-men 94, no?"

OG,

You state that in Avengers 110 the etire team is present.

Is this the blue beast or the original?

I don't recall reading the first time X's boys and girls run into the mutated beast. That must have been quite a story in and of itself. Any issue numbers on that? thumbsup2.gif

Now that's a good question. I'm 90% sure it's the Blue Beast at that point, but I'll have to check when I get home to be 100% sure. As far as the first time the others see him blue I'm not sure. This issue could be it.

No, it did....He turned Blue in 1972....during the X-Men reprint run. Which means he shoulda been blue in GS X-Men1, but I don't remember that being the case (was he even in it?)

He wasn't in GS 1. He was already an Avenger at that point.

None taken. It answers is question just fine. "I know how he turned himself Blue and all that, but where was that in continuity? after x-men 94, no?"

An english teacher would have a heart attack diagraming his original question.Or his second question.Or any combo of the two.

Its been awhile since I read GS and 94 but isn't the Blue beast one of the captured X-men in the story?

An english teacher would have a heart attack diagraming his original question.Or his second question.Or any combo of the two.

Its been awhile since I read GS and 94 but isn't the Blue beast one of the captured X-men in the story?

It's been a while for me to so I'm going to stop relying on my memory in order to participate in this discussion. I'll be digging out masterworks when I get home. grin.gif