• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Beast Question.

40 posts in this topic

An english teacher would have a heart attack diagraming his original question.Or his second question.Or any combo of the two.

Its been awhile since I read GS and 94 but isn't the Blue beast one of the captured X-men in the story?

Hey!! It made sense! mostly..... mad.gifgrin.gif

Here is the timeframe as best I can put it together.Soon after the X-men go underground(re;reprints}Hank goes to work for Brand Corp. He turns blue,has a run in with Ironman,meets his former teamate the Mimic in an issue of the Hulk,is kidnapped and held for several months by the Secret Empire,only to be rescued by an impromto team assembled by Prof. X of Cap America,Marvel Girl,Cyclops,Falcon(who turns out to be a mutant) and Banshee in Cap 172-174. The Blue Beast then appears in an issue of Captain America to try to convince him not to quit. THEN he goes on the mission with the original team that results in GS#1 and 94. I can't figure where Avengers 110 fits in except it must be before Cap 172.

Think thats the timeframe anyway.

Okay, here's the deal.

The Beast was not in GS X-Men #1 or #94, he was not in Avengers 110-111, he was not in Defenders 15-16, he was not in MTU #4 or 23..

The Beast was in Amazing Adventures after the X-Men went to reprints, then showed up in Hulk 161, and then right after that appearance (as noted in Captain America 174), he was captured by the Secret Empire.

I can't place that issue of Cap where he talks him out of quitting (??? not 176, which is the only one I remember) and it may be that the Avengers were his next stop.

Captain America 174 was in June 1974, and Avengers 137 (when Beast joined) was July 1975.

Okay, here's the deal.

The Beast was not in GS X-Men #1 or #94, he was not in Avengers 110-111, he was not in Defenders 15-16, he was not in MTU #4 or 23..

The Beast was in Amazing Adventures after the X-Men went to reprints, then showed up in Hulk 161, and then right after that appearance (as noted in Captain America 174), he was captured by the Secret Empire.

I can't place that issue of Cap where he talks him out of quitting (??? not 176, which is the only one I remember) and it may be that the Avengers were his next stop.

Captain America 174 was in June 1974, and Avengers 137 (when Beast joined) was July 1975.

According to the Official X-men Index V.9-A,Beast is listed as a cameo in GS#1 and a gueststar in 94. I don't recall him in the books,but have not read either in ten years or so.

I think the Cap issue was around 182 and he is talkng to Nomad(Cap)

It's Captain America #183 from March 1975. On Page 23, Cap (as Nomad) calls Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters looking for the Falcon. The Beast answers, and their brief conversation ends with the Beast telling Nomad/Cap "You have to be what you have to be!" Hope this helps.

It's Captain America #183 from March 1975. On Page 23, Cap (as Nomad) calls Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters looking for the Falcon. The Beast answers, and their brief conversation ends with the Beast telling Nomad/Cap "You have to be what you have to be!" Hope this helps.

Earned you five stars,hope that helps. thumbsup2.gif

According to the Official X-men Index V.9-A,Beast is listed as a cameo in GS#1 and a gueststar in 94.

He's on the cover of GS 1, don't recall if he's in it however.

I dunno know, maybe it's just me, but it seems that someone on this board should remember what and who is in a book like this.Little help here guys? thumbsup2.gif

According to the Official X-men Index V.9-A,Beast is listed as a cameo in GS#1 and a gueststar in 94.

He's on the cover of GS 1, don't recall if he's in it however.

I dunno know, maybe it's just me, but it seems that someone on this board should remember what and who is in a book like this.Little help here guys? thumbsup2.gif

NO one on this board actually reads their GS Xmen 1's ...they just slab em makepoint.gif

NO one on this board actually reads their GS Xmen 1's ...they just slab em makepoint.gif

Bull....I have three copies and none are slabbed.......some of us here aren't inclined to slab just for the sake of slabbing..... 893frustrated.gif

Beast was not with the group that went to the Island. Jean Grey mentions that they should contact the Beast as he would be handy on their mission. The party consisted of:

Cyclops

Jean Grey

Havok

Iceman

Angel

Polaris

Cyclops subsequently escaped and got back to the Professor who left in search of New X-Men to help. The only place where the Beast is drawn in the issue is the Splash Page which is very similar to the cover and not part of the story.

Jim

Thanks,Jim!

Should have known not to trust something with the title of OFFICIAL X-Men Index.

Here is something I am curious about- Since Prof. X is clearly putting together a new team of mutants in the Captain America story arc-he has recruited Banshee and came looking for The Falcon, not Cap-shouldn't these play a much larger role in the X-men partheon? As it stands now they are afterthoughts,listed as last appearence before New team, when it seems these are the beginning of the new team .

According to the Official X-men Index V.9-A,Beast is listed as a cameo in GS#1 and a gueststar in 94. I don't recall him in the books,but have not read either in ten years or so.

Well, a "Beast image" is one the cover of GS X-Men and on the first page, but that's not what I'd classify as a cameo. but he was in X-Men 94, in a quick two-panel shot where, as an Avenger, he asks the X-Men to stop Count Nefaria...

As for the Captain America issue, I think I remember it (like Cap 183) and it was, by my recollection, the ABSOLUTE WORST rendition of the Beast EVER, by that super-hack Frank Robbins.

Well, a "Beast image" is one the cover of GS X-Men and on the first page, but that's not what I'd classify as a cameo. but he was in X-Men 94, in a quick two-panel shot where, as an Avenger, he asks the X-Men to stop Count Nefaria...

As for the Captain America issue, I think I remember it (like Cap 183) and it was, by my recollection, the ABSOLUTE WORST rendition of the Beast EVER, by that super-hack Frank Robbins.

Robbins was mostly complete drek but that one issue with the female supervillian(Nightshade?) who mesmerized men still sends a surge thru my loins.

As I said, it's been years since I read the X-men and only was going on the info in the indexes.