• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Daredevil Books 51 - 99 Final Price Reduction and feedback requested!

50 posts in this topic

for me, it's mostly the condition... I've got a full DD set and am always looking to upgrade, but am trying for VF or better.

Which actually isn't very helpful, is it? :)

I did scroll through just to see if I had any complete copies of any of your F/VF books, and it was kind of annoying to have to keep scrolling up and down... find the number, check the grade, scroll down, find the picture by site, compare, scroll back up and start again.

I don't know if anyone would agree, but I definitely like for the scans to be with any other info about the book.

Offering them for a lot is a good idea too. If I was still looking to complete the set, that would be very tempting. :)

for me, it's mostly the condition... I've got a full DD set and am always looking to upgrade, but am trying for VF or better.

Which actually isn't very helpful, is it? :)

I did scroll through just to see if I had any complete copies of any of your F/VF books, and it was kind of annoying to have to keep scrolling up and down... find the number, check the grade, scroll down, find the picture by site, compare, scroll back up and start again.

I don't know if anyone would agree, but I definitely like for the scans to be with any other info about the book.

Offering them for a lot is a good idea too. If I was still looking to complete the set, that would be very tempting. :)

Thank you for your input I have been reviewing the other threads and will present the books differently in the future. I completely agree that having the book information on top of the scans is the way to go -- Live and learn. (shrug)

Please do not hesitate to make an offer on the lot I am very reasonable :baiting:

:news:

It apears that I am "learning the ropes the hard way" I would like to make it a clean sweep for these three threads therefore I will sell the remaining lot at 180 shipped (minus issue 82). That over 50% off the Overstreet 2006 ed. and free shipping in the USA (will apply the US cost to any other sites and you cover the difference) :wishluck:

hm So why the lack of interest?

The title ? The issues ? The grades or grading ? The price ? or the Newbie thing?

Please Let me know your thoughts!

Well in an effort to foster good will and try and better understand the board I will do a final lot reduction of $210 for the lot shipped (#82 not included).

That is another 10 % off and shipping! I hope this does the trick. :wishluck:

Here are some tips - low/mid grade DDs do not sell around here very well, unless they are discounted heavily - books below VF should probably be less than 50% guide..., or even less. Even the higher graded DDs have trouble moving around here - it is not you - there just isn't a lot of interest in the title here.

Don't write so much in your initial post - it is nice info, but most around here won't be willing to read that much. You should reflect all price reductions on your first post - your reductions are buried in subsequent posts in the middle of the thread, so most won't read that far. The edit function only works for three days for editing that first post, so plan accordingly on your reductions and changes, and if need be, copy the first post to the end with your books left, the edits and reductions.

hm So why the lack of interest?

The title ? The issues ? The grades or grading ? The price ? or the Newbie thing?

Please Let me know your thoughts!

Well in an effort to foster good will and try and better understand the board I will do a final lot reduction of $210 for the lot shipped (#82 not included).

That is another 10 % off and shipping! I hope this does the trick. :wishluck:

Here are some tips - low/mid grade DDs do not sell around here very well, unless they are discounted heavily - books below VF should probably be less than 50% guide..., or even less. Even the higher graded DDs have trouble moving around here - it is not you - there just isn't a lot of interest in the title here.

Don't write so much in your initial post - it is nice info, but most around here won't be willing to read that much. You should reflect all price reductions on your first post - your reductions are buried in subsequent posts in the middle of the thread, so most won't read that far. The edit function only works for three days for editing that first post, so plan accordingly on your reductions and changes, and if need be, copy the first post to the end with your books left, the edits and reductions.

Thank you I am keeping notes and hopefully I will do better next time ! Thank You!

Since you are asking for suggestions, I thought I would chime in with hopefully a couple helpful ideas.

First, I agree with the scrolling up and down to match comic image with issue and price. It is work for the buyer to do this. It would be extra work on your end, but makes it easier for the potential buyer if you have something more like this for each comic:

Daredevil 77 - F+ - $7

Spider-Man crossover

th_Daredevil77.jpgth_Daredevil77back.jpg

You'll also notice that I separated the title and issue number from the grade and the price. I used a dash, or you could put them on separate lines like:

Daredevil 77

grade: F+

price: $7

In addition, you will see two things with regard to the price. First, I wouldn't use decimal points unless you are charging .50 cents for a comic. I would simply either round up or down. Decimal points look like math. The only decimal points anyone here wants to see would start with a 9 and end with .4, .6, .8, or .9. :grin:

Second, I lowered your price to give you an idea of a price that book would probably sell for here. For me, I usually price stuff at around 40%-50% of guide maximum to sell on the boards for anything VF and lower. That's also typically what I buy comics at, unless it's a key issue or geniunely tough to find in higher grades. Another pricing strategy is to price it at the next grade lower. I see quite a few sellers on the boards doing that as well. So, if your DD 77 is worth $12 dollars in Fine, price it at $8 which is the VG price.

I picked the DD 77 also because it had tanning. Even though a book may technically be in a certain grade, if it has a defect like tanning you typically will have to deduct a full grade or even two for pricing purposes in order to sell it on the boards. So, while the book may be F+, if I were selling the book, I would price it based on a percentage of VG - VG/F prices. Thus the other reason I lowered the price in my example.

One last suggestion would be to offer discounts based on buying levels like 10% off on purchases of $50 or more or, free shipping on orders over a certain amount.

The main thing you have to keep in mind is that most people on the CGC boards are seasoned collectors. They have many avenues/connections for acquiring the books they want for their collection, especially if they are not high grade (9.4 and up) books.

I hope this helps. Best of luck with your sales! (thumbs u

Since you are asking for suggestions, I thought I would chime in with hopefully a couple helpful ideas.

First, I agree with the scrolling up and down to match comic image with issue and price. It is work for the buyer to do this. It would be extra work on your end, but makes it easier for the potential buyer if you have something more like this for each comic:

Daredevil 77 - F+ - $7

Spider-Man crossover

You'll also notice that I separated the title and issue number from the grade and the price. I used a dash, or you could put them on separate lines like:

Daredevil 77

In addition, you will see two things with regard to the price. First, I wouldn't use decimal points unless you are charging .50 cents for a comic. I would simply either round up or down. Decimal points look like math. The only decimal points anyone here wants to see would start with a 9 and end with .4, .6, .8, or .9. :grin:

Second, I lowered your price to give you an idea of a price that book would probably sell for here. For me, I usually price stuff at around 40%-50% of guide maximum to sell on the boards for anything VF and lower. That's also typically what I buy comics at, unless it's a key issue or geniunely tough to find in higher grades. Another pricing strategy is to price it at the next grade lower. I see quite a few sellers on the boards doing that as well. So, if your DD 77 is worth $12 dollars in Fine, price it at $8 which is the VG price.

I picked the DD 77 also because it had tanning. Even though a book may technically be in a certain grade, if it has a defect like tanning you typically will have to deduct a full grade or even two for pricing purposes in order to sell it on the boards. So, while the book may be F+, if I were selling the book, I would price it based on a percentage of VG - VG/F prices. Thus the other reason I lowered the price in my example.

One last suggestion would be to offer discounts based on buying levels like 10% off on purchases of $50 or more or, free shipping on orders over a certain amount.

The main thing you have to keep in mind is that most people on the CGC boards are seasoned collectors. They have many avenues/connections for acquiring the books they want for their collection, especially if they are not high grade (9.4 and up) books.

Thank you very much for taking the time and energy to put together such a valuable, well structured and thoughtful response. Sort of the "Dummy's or Newbie's guide to selling comics on the board"! (worship)

I will definitely take all the input I have received from all the great senior board members both in my sales threads and by PM, thank you all, :golfclap: and put together a much better thread next time. hm

From the newbie perspective these insights and recommendations would be great to have under a separate thread "Pointers for selling on the boards"! :baiting:

Daredevil 77 - F+ - $7

Spider-Man crossover

Daredevil 77

Actually that was a fantastic reminder for all of us !! .................... :applause: (thumbs u

what is going on?

the new guy usually gets insulted and kicked in the nads.

and thanks. some really great information.

He asked? :)

I agree... this has actually made for an interesting thread with lots of good thoughts about selling. Right on!

As another newbie this thread has been an incredible learning tool. If I ever reach a point where I am ready to sale anything, I will be happy this came along first.

I also am looking for DD vol1 but I am running out of funds so PM me it you still have these in a couple weeks.

:bump:

(10. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.) Did I do this one right? (shrug)

It may sound like we are very cheap here and will only pay a fraction of guide. This is certainly what I thought when I put up my first selling thread of F to VF books and nothing moved. But if you check eBay sales you will see that anything VF and below actually only sells for a fraction of guide there as well. The guide doesn't really reflect the market where NM sells above guide and everything else below (sometimes well below).

Mike

Mike,

I agree that the % from NM is off. I think the reason is due to the speculators more than the collectors. These books are the "collectors books" you can touch, read and enjoy them a lot more than the HG and or slabbed books. I tend to buy this grade and higher in raw condition to read and to complete my runs in a certain title. These are actually very nice books. So I am always looking for the 6 - 9 range books interestingly the LCS owner states that I am the exception to the rule for this area. No one asks him for high grade books in fact he sells more in the G and VG range at full guide or more! :pullhair:

I wonder where the market will go when the speculators leave? Reminds me of the housing market! So maybe I should continue to stock pile my mid - high grades and wait it out?? rantrant

I have yet to decide what % off guide is the right selling price. I usually use Comicbase as my price guide they use real time data from all sales not just graded books but to ensure that I do not miss the mover and shakers in the CGC world I just signed up for GPA. Looks like the book to have right now is New Mutants 98 in 9.8! :headbang:

but thanks for the words of encouragement. (thumbs u

Bernard