• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay policies.....Sigh

88 posts in this topic

It's computer generated and RANDOM...

That'll catch the bad guys.

Like those random searches of four year olds and ninety year olds at airports.

I don't suppose that ebay will hold off on making you pay your monthly bill while funds are frozen, will they?

what exactly is the point of random freezes other than paypal randomly being able to hold on to your money interest free and do with it as it pleases?

if paypal does $40 billion a year and decides to rondomly freeze 15-25% of that over the course of the year that's a pretty nifty interest free gift that they can loan out via their paypal CC or whatever they want and make a huge profit!

As crappy as Ebay is though, it is still the best thing out there for a little dude like me selling a few comics and musical items and nick nacks. I wish it wasn't that way, but as far as sales go I have had very good luck with Ebay and very few problems. I'd be happy though if there was a viable alternative to Ebay, but there isn't. Damn.

No, lol..I was charged the regular fees...

If any of this made SENSE, it would be fine, but it doesn't, Electronics and brand new sellers would make sense.....I keep asking to be able to block BUYERS with Private feedback, but they don't seem to think that's a good idea...

I used to really enjoy eBay, I agree, it's the best alternative, if you want to sell, but I cringe lately, where it used to be fun...

As crappy as Ebay is though, it is still the best thing out there for a little dude like me selling a few comics and musical items and nick nacks. I wish it wasn't that way, but as far as sales go I have had very good luck with Ebay and very few problems. I'd be happy though if there was a viable alternative to Ebay, but there isn't. Damn.

I don't know if it's viable but here's the solution.

blujay.gif

http://blujay.com/

All set up and ready to go.

(Except no one seems to go there.)

I keep asking to be able to block BUYERS with Private feedback, but they don't seem to think that's a good idea...

Wow. That is an absolutely stinky policy they have there. Utterly shameless.

and you think you're having problems with ebay...

View discretion is advised, strong language and dark humor.

Jack