• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Zeck Signing CGC SS

62 posts in this topic

Par2ch,

Thanks for putting this signing together. I think I would like to contribute some money to go towards a fund to help you get that Fallen Son Mike Zeck sketch cover in appreciation for putting this together.

Please let me/us know if this would be possible.

Thanks again.

Brian

Thanks for the kind words, I dont think its a matter of money for Zeck, its more about time. I appreciate the idea but I dont think it will be necessary. Trust me I will be dropping hints here and there about getting one done. I have even comiled a mock up of the book I would like to get published with all the covers. Hopeing to prove to him that I would not just flip the book.

Honestly being able to bring this opportunity to fellow forum memebers and CGC witnesses is reward enough.

His 1st work was in the Charlton Flintstones book. Which I have SS'd. :grin: I think some of his best covers are from Master of Kung Fu. I love 77 (I think its 77) where Zaran the Weapon Master is introduced.

Excellent idea. :D

I'll do one of my MOKF.

Par2ch,

Thanks for putting this signing together. I think I would like to contribute some money to go towards a fund to help you get that Fallen Son Mike Zeck sketch cover in appreciation for putting this together.

Please let me/us know if this would be possible.

Thanks again.

Brian

Thanks for the kind words, I dont think its a matter of money for Zeck, its more about time. I appreciate the idea but I dont think it will be necessary. Trust me I will be dropping hints here and there about getting one done. I have even comiled a mock up of the book I would like to get published with all the covers. Hopeing to prove to him that I would not just flip the book.

Honestly being able to bring this opportunity to fellow forum memebers and CGC witnesses is reward enough.

:winnah:

For those interested in choosing a "unique" cover for Mike to sign, I'd suggest checking out Mike's website at mikezeck.com. He has a relatively complete listing of the books he's ever worked on with scans of many of them.

Here's a list of 100 interesting covers you may choose from (the most classic ones are towards the bottom):

• Merc #6

• Damned #1

• X-Men Classics #1

• Secret Wars #3

• G.I. Joe Special Missions #6

• Deathstroke the Terminator #21

• Ultimate Silver Surfer

• Spectacular Spider-man #131

• Spectacular Spider-man #132

• Master of Kung Fu #82

• G.I. Joe #52

• Master of Kung Fu #89

• G.I. Joe #54

• What If Vol. 2 #10

• Master of Kung Fu #80

• G.I. Joe Special Missions #4

• Captain America #282

• Captain America #281

• Master of Kung Fu #86

• G.I. Joe #33

• G.I. Joe #38

• G.I. Joe #46

• Deathstroke the Terminator #7

• Robin 3 #1

• Captain America #274

• Deathstroke the Terminator #1

• Master of Kung Fu #83

• G.I. Joe #47

• Batman #420

• Marvel Tales #215

• Master of Kung Fu #101

• Amazing Spider-man #285

• Web of Spider-man #31

• Amazing Spider-man #293

• Batman #418

• Deathstroke the Terminator #8

• Legends of the Dark Knight #69

• Punisher #5

• Punisher #4

• Punisher #2

• Secret Wars #8

• Captain America #332

• Captain America #272

• Marvel Tales #209

• G.I. Joe Yearbook #3

• G.I. Joe Special Missions #1

• G.I. Joe Special Missions #2

• G.I. Joe #39

• Captain America #263

• Punisher Graphic Novel (Hardcover)

• Batman #419

• Kraven’s Last Hunt (Softcover)

• Web of Spider-man #32

• Batman #417

• Master of Kung Fu #100

• Secret Wars #10

• Secret Wars #1

• G.I. Joe #43

• Amazing Spider-man #294

• Punisher #3

• Captain America #286

• Captain America #321

• Punisher #1

• Captain America Annual #8

You might want to rethink telling him that you plan to publish all the covers including his.

Typically artists who create a sketch for someone are selling only the sketch itself and not the publication rights (unless expressly stated). So mentioning to him that you plan on publishing the piece he is doing for you might not actually help you, unless you plan on compensating him for publication rights as well.

That is in addition to the obvious copyright issues you may encounter publishing a book filled with trademarked logos, characters and images that bear their own copyrights to their publishers as well.

Just wanted to help you avoid a potentially sticky conversation with Mike.

Best,

Chris

Thanks for the heads up, ideally when and if the book ever gets printed it would be with the help of the Hero Inititive with all proceeds going to them and the American Cancer Society.

Thanks for the heads up, ideally when and if the book ever gets printed it would be with the help of the Hero Inititive with all proceeds going to them and the American Cancer Society.

That was the exception I was going to mention that most artists and companies will accept. As with the 3 minute sketches and such. You got a shot then.

It was what I had planned to do with the Trophy Wall's eventually as well.

C

:news:I have just been informed that both Bob McLeod and John Beatty will be signing at MegaCon, which I will be attending.

Beatty and McLeod have been the inkers on most of Zecks pencils.

For those iwho are submitting book(s) to get signed by Mike Zeck, you can also choose have the book(s) signed by McLeod or Beatty for an additional $5 per signature per book.

Please note I am NOT yet taking any other requests for MegaCon at this time, nor will I be taking SS for Beatty and McLeod alone at this current time.

Please contact me soon,spots are filling up FAST!!!!