• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your CGC 9.9's and 10.0's

1,307 posts in this topic

wow (5) 10.0's & (1) 9.9 on .50 books. You ARE the high grade king! Turning water into wine! Keep raiding those bargain boxes boy,show us how you do it!!

"And now, here's something we hope you'll really like!...

164043_1463060148276_1586645207_31005928_1516139_n.jpg

Dude...seriously...do you EVER have ANYTHING positive to add to these boards? all you ever do is spout mess. If you are that bitter and lonely, there are other boards that will help you with that. Take your negative pissy attitude elsewhere. No one here wants it.

OK, patiently waiting for your witty comeback...

you're joking right???? It's all you clowns do on here is screw with people.

so if us "clowns" annoy you so much, just go away! I'm sure Larry's new board would love to have you as a member.

How about doing what you guys tell everybody....Ignore feature.

wow (5) 10.0's & (1) 9.9 on .50 books. You ARE the high grade king! Turning water into wine! Keep raiding those bargain boxes boy,show us how you do it!!

lol

First he was lying. Ooops, you were wrong about that. Now they are 50 cent books? Really? Final answer?

You are a troll. If only you were funny, or occasionally posted cool comics, you would have some redeeming value, but alas.

Just as an aside, have you considered the fact that, as a business owner, you are alienating potential customers?

Just as an aside, have you considered the fact that, as a business owner, you are alienating potential customers?

As a business owner,you meet many people that alienate you.Those people,like you guys,I could give a rats asss about. I have been the same way for 18 years.

Negative people are not good for a happy environment. I am just giving you guys what you are giving.You can dish it but you can't take it.

As a business owner,you meet many people that alienate you.Those people,like you guys,I could give a rats asss about.

You could give a rat's arse about us? If you couldn't give a rat's arse about us that would be bad, but seeing as you care for us then all's right in the world.

I seriously doubt he would ever connect me with my eBay name and I don't think I've never bought as extensively from him as I have with some others. I've just picked up occassional books since I started back in collecting. Saying 'a lot' was probably an overstatement on my part.

wow (5) 10.0's & (1) 9.9 on .50 books.

Well...they ARE 10s, and you'd said I was lying, soooooo.....apology for that? :wishluck:

I don't know about 50 cent books, though. hm

The Vampi is the leather variant ashcan, limited to 1,000. If you have any for 50 cents, let me know! I'll be happy to buy them all. :cloud9:

The DHP #56 could *possibly* be found in a 50 cent box, but since it's both a Sin City and Next Men issue, I doubt it.

The Tales of the Witchblade 1/2 Chromiums are definitely NOT in anyone's 50 cent box. They are much, much rarer than the regular 1/2 or even the gold.

The Vampi and the Tales of the WB were bought directly from the publishers, so no bargain bin diving. Also, the DHP #56 was bought from an original owner, who meticulously picked over books.

It's pretty difficult...if not impossible...to find 9.9s and 10s in bargain boxes, due to the nature of their storage, movement, and customer interaction. Sure, 9.8s all day long...but 9.9s and 10s...pretty tough to pull out of the 50 cent bins.

And, of course, even though these aren't too valuable in their own right (you could easily pick up all of them for $10 or less), their level of preservation is what sets these apart. Schmidty once dismissed me for having "easy" 10s, ie, chromium covers that are less susceptible to damage than standard newsprint or Baxter comics. And while it's true that chromium covers (which DHP #56 and Vampi are not) are capable of withstanding the slight damage which takes out most potential 10s, (and even chromium has its own special problems), the reality is, ANY 10 or 9.9, for ANY comic, is a really special thing, especially for any book published prior to the advent of CGC in 1999/2000. To survive not only the printing process, but to go through untold hands and miles to finally arrive at CGC and STILL be a 10...? :o That's unbelievable, for ANY book!

The fact is....9.9s and 10s make up a tiny, tiny fraction of all comics graded, and 99.995% of all comics will never have a 9.9 or 10 in representation, including nearly every single major key.

So, I don't care if it's the drekkiest of the drek (and those books feature popular characters, and popular creators), if it's a 9.9 or 10, I'll take it, and be hysterically happy that such a book managed to survive the ravages of time in flawless condition. (thumbs u

You ARE the high grade king! Turning water into wine! Keep raiding those bargain boxes boy,show us how you do it!!

I suspect that the number of people who have self-subbed 9.9s and 10s in multiples is a fairly exclusive club, to which I am happy to belong.

But thanks for giving me the opportunity to talk about one of my favorite topics of all.

:cloud9:

As a business owner,you meet many people that alienate you.Those people,like you guys,I could give a rats asss about. I have been the same way for 18 years.

Negative people are not good for a happy environment. I am just giving you guys what you are giving.You can dish it but you can't take it.

Here's the problem, Jo-Jo....there's a massive difference between what YOU are doing...and what other people do. What other people do is disagree and dissent, without getting personal. What you do is react to that dissent by making it very personal.

There is a massive difference between those two things. Someone can't disagree with you or one of your friends without it being a personal attack. That's the difference.

But you don't really understand that, huh? :(

I don't think think I have EVER popped up out of nowhere and said "stop lying, fool" to anyone, much less to someone who could prove me wrong, as you have done.

So, please understand the difference.

Damn. I've bought a lot of books from him in the past off eBay. I'll probably skip his listings now. Why be such a jerk to people?

+1 - He always seems to turn up to get things twisted into a dramafest... (shrug) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IT'S CHRISTMAS! 'Tis the season!

(shrug) I never even knew you were on the board since I only bought from you off eBay. ID is jwtingle. I guess I won't bother anymore.

What?! Somebody actually identified who they are on here! You're leader RMA is not going to be happy!!