• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW pgx LISTING ON COMICLINK! BUMPED TO TELL THE UN-INFORMED!

54 posts in this topic

Maybe it is a mistake by PGX and they will make an effort to purchase the book. To be fair, it is not like CGC has never made a mistake on a book.

Let him who is without sin.....

Sorry Stevo

I am being very fair.

Wouldn't YOU check to make sure a back cover is correct when clearly it is detached on an important book.

CGC has made and will make mistakes, but they sure do not put a DETACHED COVER IN WITH THE WRONG BOOK. Quite a bit of time is spent checking to make sure front & back covers are correct when not attached to the book. CGC also confirms this on restored books.

You sell books, so certification for you is a way of making money. Nothing wrong with that at all. Collectors expect certain things from a certification company. The MAIN two things they expect is for them to be impartial and to do due diligence when VERIFYING the comic book is what it is submitted as. That is why you make more money slabbing certain books, customer confidence. As a business man, you would not give CGC $ if it were not so.

I do not need to stick up for CGC, they are the only game in town. I do, however, just as I did before I worked at CGC, try and tell collectors what I believe to be good or bad for our hobby so the hobby will remain healthy. These guys are just bad news.

Sorry Dale :foryou:

Steve,

Generally I agree with you. You know that I personally think that CGC is the only game in town, as it is the only service I use. I don't necessarily see this as a bigger mistake than some I have seen by CGC. I would say a mistake is a mistake and leave it at that.

I do think it is good for the market for their to be competition. Competition for dealers and competition for grading services. It keeps me working hard and on my toes, and it will do the same with CGC. Clearly CGC is doing a better job than PGX, but they can always do better and hopefully they will be pushed to be the best they can be, whether it is by PGX or someone else. As long as they do the job more consistently than anyone else, they will continue to get my money and others money.

Dale

Ok, Scott! :acclaim:

PGX, formerly PGA (great choice lol ), formerly CGG, IS VERY BAD FOR OUR HOBBY!!!!!

That work for ya? :baiting:

Remember when I called you a couple a years ago pointing out this whole "CGG listed as CGC" thing... what happened back then when you talked with Josh?...assuming you had a chance to do so.

(shrug)

Maybe it is a mistake by PGX and they will make an effort to purchase the book. To be fair, it is not like CGC has never made a mistake on a book.

Sorry Stevo

I am being very fair.

Wouldn't YOU check to make sure a back cover is correct when clearly it is detached on an important book.

CGC has made and will make mistakes, but they sure do not put a DETACHED COVER IN WITH THE WRONG BOOK. Quite a bit of time is spent checking to make sure front & back covers are correct when not attached to the book. CGC also confirms this on restored books.

You sell books, so certification for you is a way of making money. Nothing wrong with that at all. Collectors expect certain things from a certification company. The MAIN two things they expect is for them to be impartial and to do due diligence when VERIFYING the comic book is what it is submitted as. That is why you make more money slabbing certain books, customer confidence. As a business man, you would not give CGC $ if it were not so.

I do not need to stick up for CGC, they are the only game in town. I do, however, just as I did before I worked at CGC, try and tell collectors what I believe to be good or bad for our hobby so the hobby will remain healthy. These guys are just bad news.

Steve,

Generally I agree with you. You know that I personally think that CGC is the only game in town, as it is the only service I use. I don't necessarily see this as a bigger mistake than some I have seen by CGC. I would say a mistake is a mistake and leave it at that.

I do think it is good for the market for their to be competition. Competition for dealers and competition for grading services. It keeps me working hard and on my toes, and it will do the same with CGC. Clearly CGC is doing a better job than PGX, but they can always do better and hopefully they will be pushed to be the best they can be, whether it is by PGX or someone else. As long as they do the job more consistently than anyone else, they will continue to get my money and others money.

Dale

We do agree that competition is great for the market. REAL competition. Look how it has opened coins, paper money, and cards.

Problem is pgx is NOT competition and will not "push" CGC to be better. Nobody at CGC gives a hoot what these clowns are doing in regards to their business. Can you please tell me what kind of people are "certifying" the books at pgx? Did you or any of your friends know ANY of the people who are part of this so called company UNTIL they called themselves experts? You have more understanding of grading, restoration, and AUTHENTICATION in your small toe than they have in their entire "company".

I just don't see how anyone can sell a pgx book to their customers and feel they did the "right thing". This is just my opinion, but I would rather buy raw than, as per this blatant example, a pgaxcgg ecapsulated book..........

PGX, formerly PGA (great choice lol ), formerly CGG, IS VERY BAD FOR OUR HOBBY!!!!!

Remember when I called you a couple a years ago pointing out this whole "CGG listed as CGC" thing... what happened back then when you talked with Josh?...assuming you had a chance to do so.

(shrug)

We disagreed, but he will not allow them to be called "certified" and, to his credit, will stand behind a CGC book and NEVER one of theirs.

I am with you Steve, I would never buy a PGX book, feels so dirty. It is like supporting a corrupt cause.

These guys are frauds, and can't even be considered close to anything labeled competition.

(shrug)

We disagreed, but he will not allow them to be called "certified" and, to his credit, will stand behind a CGC book and NEVER one of theirs.

That's reasonable enough... now if the Clink system would "catch and reclassify" them automatically the problem would be 100% solved. I've been emailing them when I see a PGX posting get through into the certified section and Tomis has been reclassifying them each time in short order... so they will respond if they're given a little help.

(shrug)

That's reasonable enough... now if the Clink system would "catch and reclassify" them automatically the problem would be 100% solved. I've been emailing them when I see a PGX posting get through into the certified section and Tomis has been reclassifying them each time in short order... so they will respond if they're given a little help.

Tattle tale

(shrug)

Tattle tale

Troll :sumo:

(shrug)

Tattle tale

Troll :sumo:

:acclaim:

Sorry Stevo

I am being very fair.

Steve,

Dale

We do agree that competition is great for the market. REAL competition. Look how it has opened coins, paper money, and cards.

Problem is pgx is NOT competition and will not "push" CGC to be better. Nobody at CGC gives a hoot what these clowns are doing in regards to their business. Can you please tell me what kind of people are "certifying" the books at pgx? Did you or any of your friends know ANY of the people who are part of this so called company UNTIL they called themselves experts? You have more understanding of grading, restoration, and AUTHENTICATION in your small toe than they have in their entire "company".

I just don't see how anyone can sell a pgx book to their customers and feel they did the "right thing". This is just my opinion, but I would rather buy raw than, as per this blatant example, a pgaxcgg ecapsulated book..........

I would pretty much agree with this, even though I have in fact sold a couple of PGX books which I purchased slabbed. Each case, I graded the book myself, giving little credence to the number PGX put on the book and sold the book for a price which I considered fair based on the actual grade.

As to your question, I don't really know anyone who uses PGX for certification purposed. And I don't really know how they stay in business, but I suppose someone must be using their service.

Perhaps that back cover is from the Sub-Mariner #1 with the wrong back cover floating around here.

:roflmao: Awesome! Alas, the Subby 1 has found a new home. I have a gut feeling the next time it surfaces it might be with the CORRECT back cover. (thumbs u