• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Cavalcade 12

24 posts in this topic

I saw one of these on Ebay. Unfortunately it is in a PGX holder.

I was hoping for thoughts on how hard this book is to find. Average price I should expect to pay etc.. Really love this cover.

i heard they were putting on a "cover appreciation" seminar in baltimore.

just kidding.

I was hoping for thoughts on how hard this book is to find. Average price I should expect to pay etc.. Really love this cover.

i heard they were putting on a "cover appreciation" seminar in baltimore.

NOD?

Serious answer...Comic Cavalcade 12 is not a tough issue. It is also not in very high demand. The series had a great line-up of characters, but the covers tend to turn off many golden age collectors. Be that as it may, and taking into consideration the PGX holder, you really should be able to get a HUGE deal on this book.

I like the cover too. I found a copy with white pages but a little damage in the upper left hand corner.

bb

2802806377_d1e91f7f4b_b.jpg

I like the cover too. I found a copy with white pages but a little damage in the upper left hand corner.

bb

2802806377_d1e91f7f4b_b.jpg

Wow. 15cent cover ? I didnt notice that before. And how much did that copy run you. If you dont wanna answer here, could you PM me ? I really am interested in getting a copy

Serious answer...Comic Cavalcade 12 is not a tough issue. It is also not in very high demand. The series had a great line-up of characters, but the covers tend to turn off many golden age collectors. Be that as it may, and taking into consideration the PGX holder, you really should be able to get a HUGE deal on this book.

Yea but PGX isnt very good with resto-detection. So the price I would be willing to pay is probably not going to work.. I really am suspect of PGX.

I think I paid the good price ten years ago. It was stored in a cool damp place which kept the pages white but caused a slight ripple (across GL's face) on the cover and some damage in the upper part of the spine. I think we agreed at the time that it was G-VG but after keeping it flat in the "C" box with all the Crime comics for ten years, I think it looks better and would give it at least a VG. What do you think?

I think I purchased this with All Star 33, Flash 88 and 84, Jon Juan, Ghost Rider 3 (and/or 2) and several other books but maybe not. Bob Horn had a bunch of rare books with some damage which he sold at a discount before he retired (from his real job and now just sells comics).

Halloween comics are nice to find and look a little better than the Xmas covers. Halloween post cards are also pretty nice but hard to find at a decent price.

bb

PGX isnt very good with resto-detection. I really am suspect of PGX.

I agree (thumbs u Hence the lower price! Make an offer, you just never know ;)

I was thinking about it. Opening bid is $350.00 with a $395.00 BIN. But if its restored I take a beating. If its trimmed, I will be dissapointed beyond words.

I seriously doubt it will get an opening bid ($350 is fvf money). But that is just my opinion.

I was thinking about it. Opening bid is $350.00 with a $395.00 BIN. But if its restored I take a beating. If its trimmed, I will be dissapointed beyond words.

I seriously doubt it will get an opening bid ($350 is fvf money). But that is just my opinion.

I really do appreciate the input BTW

I just did a bit of homework. GPA has one 7.0 CGC book sold for $204.00. CGC Census has 2 graded at 7.0, 1 restored.

What does everyone think the odds are someone shipped the restored one to PGX to lose the PLOD ???

4 1/4-1

No problem! (thumbs u Always remember...Patience is a virtue, especially when buying old comics. The right book at the right price always comes along (sometimes when you least expect it).

No problem! (thumbs u Always remember...Patience is a virtue, especially when buying old comics. The right book at the right price always comes along (sometimes when you least expect it).

Yea. I will probably just get some more All-Stars, All-Flash,Green Lantern, or some form of Batman in the meantime. I collect enough titles already, but that cover is just great.

And I want all the GA Solomon Grundy appearances.