• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E-bay

43 posts in this topic

Hello, I need help and direction. Recently won a book on E-bay, seller has given me the run around seems that he wants more for the book than the final bid which I posted and won. Just want to know if anyone has had the same situation. I just wonder if everyone that sold on ebay didn't get what they thought was a fai frown.gif r price for there books and went back on deals where would the buyers be. I paid in good faith and expected the seller to carry throught on his part. I filed a claim with squaretrade but the seller is not obligated to comply. I just need some feed back thank you from one buyer on ebay to others. i will appreciate all feed back. Just wanted to add that it's been 20 days since close of item. :

I agree with my esteemed colleagues here... and with greggy too... tongue.gif

It's one thing to be slow to ship, which can be forgiven if there is a good reason. It's another thing entirely to demand additional money after an auction is complete. I would send a copy of his email to safeharbor and get him NARU'd....

Mmmm, I don't know if I should be honoured by being mentioned in some many posts that are not mine! Perhaps, I could meet you in person and thank you during my trip down to Oregon! wink.gif

That depends on if you're rooting for Kansas... blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

And hey... I got to mention your name every once in a while... How else are you supposed to keep up with murph, Darth, and CI if you don't have someone to give you set-up lines...

Is this another attempt to bash procrustean, who has not been on the boards at all?

Procrustean deserves all the bashing he gets: Ending auctions early, stealing scans, making false allegations about Metropolis Comics, lying about a DD168 9.8, sending an 'NM' book with a corner crush to notch top....

..... and, best of all, responding to a neg FB for late payment claiming he'd been delayed by the events of Sept 11..... when payment was due on Sept 10!!

I can't defend him from all these "allegations" - I'm not his lawyer, just a satisfied customer and he has bought from me as well without any issue.

Ending auctions early - if there is a legit reason, then all sellers can do this under ebay's rules. Some of us, like me, choose not to.

Stealing scans - no sympathy from me here. I'm guilty of doing that same thing to some extent and I share my scans openly.

Lying about a DD168 9.8 - typos do occur. Benefit of the doubt needed sometimes.

Sending an 'NM' book with a corner crush to notch top - nothing against Matt (notch top) but he and procustean have an embitterred feud and personal issues between them that it's best not to choose sides over. Without hardproof that Matt didn't post a pic of a 129 corner that he may have crushed himself or bought adifferent copy that way and that it actually was procrustean's book, all of us would just be taking sides. This is all perceptions and what we think another party is capable of.

responding to a neg FB for late payment claiming he'd been delayed by the events of Sept 11..... when payment was due on Sept 10!! - I would not have done the same, but tragedy has affect all of us deeply and differently. Negging some one from New York City whom you were transacting with around the time of the 9/11 Terror attack is equally in poor taste in my opinion.

I believe I had a NY'er pay me around Thanksgiving for a deal that concluded days after 9/11.

Thanks for the measured reply, Darth.

I don't doubt crusty is an ok guy, but he has earned what he's gotten.

The 9.8 wasn't a typo. Period. I believe blowout spoke to someone who'd asked crusty if the DD 168 9.8 was available. He replied that it wasn't for sale. Not that it was a typo - but that it wasn't for sale!

I can't think of a legit reason for ending auctions in the last minute, as crusty does.

And that neg was left for a late payment due Sept 10. That comes before Sept 11. grin.gif

Can't blame me for trying to be the peacemaker... smile.gif I agree to disagree on this one...

as for mpvv, he has yet to fill us in on exact details of his quandry. My reply post to his above was just an example of what I am a master of, pure speculation tongue.gif !!!!!

Lying about a DD168 9.8 - typos do occur. Benefit of the doubt needed sometimes.

Bullshp*t. Maybe his dog ate it. That was crusty lying about lying about lying. I've seen an email where he "verifies" the 9.8s existance and explains its absence from the census by saying "he just got it back last week."

I'm missed that one, Mud...Bullsh*pt! lol!

I've got two dogs that wouldnot find my CGC books appetizing and these guys eat everything. The only use they've had form my piles of CGC books is as a urination post. those books I sell to greggy and rickdogg. tongue.gif

Stealing scans - no sympathy from me here. I'm guilty of doing that same thing to some extent and I share my scans openly.

Darth, it's not intention to slam but do you mention in your auction that the scan isn't the actual book you're going to get? I personally see a problem with using scans other than the book you're bidding on unless of course that's made clear.

Kinds of defeats the purpose of providing a scan.....

Jim

Jim - no slam perceived. You were absent when we hashed this out. I used to borrow scans from comic-central.com, before I owned a scanner and when I sold books I bought from them. It was mentioned in the description. The purpose was that with modern like the Darkness 11 with 11 regular variant covers and 4 holochrome/plaid/signed/acetate special editions, it is of higher priority to show the cover than the condition of the modern books which is almost always from me or comic-central.com - NM/MT.

Since then I've sold older books, gotten a scanner and see what you mean about needing your own scan in order to sell your book. I still had questions about what if I had 20 copies of USM 1 red cover CGC'd all at 9.6, should I include a fresh scan everytime I relisted? Here there was some discussion as well.

As long as the buyer is satisfied is my motto. If I use someone else's scan, it is noted in the auction description, along the lines of " This scan included for informational purposes only, this is not the book you will receive...blah blah blah.."

check my auctions today and I don't think you will find one with a purloined scan. No reason to now.

Hi guys, I am a first time Poster to these forums, although i've peeked in from time to time for a few months. This thread is a real problem with these type of posts, how can one determine what is going on with a transaction between two people with one side of the story?

I notice many people in these rooms giving their "unsubstantiated opinion" about other sellers or buyers with ZERO knowledge of the transaction and its history? This "Procrustean" guy is FAR from the big problem sellers on Ebay, frankly he does seem as the Darth guy proported that some of you may have an "agenda" with certain sellers or buyers on Ebay.

I couldn't possibly give you a solid opinion of a transaction like this unless I know a LOT more of the details, and i've closed auctions early and used scans that weren't mine in the past. None of it was done with the idea to harm anyone, or hurt them, I had MY reasons but it seems that some of you don't care about that.

Back to you Mpvv, WHY has this seller decdied not to sell you the item? seems that the guys feedback shows nothing of the sort in the past? and aside from a few buying negs he had not one selling flaw before this "notch_top" guy gave him one, which always makes an ebayer like myself suspecious about that feedback, as Darth pointed out, perhaps that guy had a personal issue with him. Mpvv, did YOU do something to cause the transaction to crumble? there are always three sids to every story guys, don't be foolish boys grin.gif

Becca