• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another con from the official con men of ebay

64 posts in this topic

Steve have you spoken to Esquirecomics (Mark Zaid)? I'm sure he would enjoy this one.

Yes I have spoken and communicated with Mark via e-mail about this, a little while back. Mark knows about my case as well as most of the others Greg has screwed, and he sent out an email a while back about the possibility of filing a joint venture against Greg. I told him I was all for it, but then Brent got paid back, and I guess a lot of the wind came out it at that point. Don't know, haven't heard anything from Mark about it in a while. I saw this post and figured I might as well chime in with my story, since keeping my silence and anonymity on this issue has not gotten me very far up til now.

His exact wordsto me were "This book is not color touched or trimmed.......We have an offer for Mr. Moeshlin.......the book goes to cgc and thre is a $250 doller bet if it comes back with a purple label.."

His exact wordsto me were "This book is not color touched or trimmed.......We have an offer for Mr. Moeshlin.......the book goes to cgc and thre is a $250 doller bet if it comes back with a purple label.."

If I thought they would actually pay, I'd take that bet all day long. I'd bet them every penny they could come up with. Looks like the staples may have been replaced too.

I've never met anyone who lied more consistently than Greg. Even when confronted with facts, he still will deflect and deny.

Just a warning to be very careful when buying from this seller on ebay.

Brent,

why Does Gus support this dude ?

I like Gus, and I think he's OK, but I will call him out right now.

If you keep letting this mess head list with your account, then you deserve to have your reputation go into the craphole.

I'm a fellow collector. New to the boards. Just called out a scammer on e-bay.Sorry that I'm new.

Nothing wrong with being new. But generally people don't make simple and unsupported statements against reputable dealers on these boards. Another thing I've noticed is that every time a thread comes up with Jortner in it, a wise cracking shill also seems to appear spouting derailing nonsense, like what you said about Quality. You also claim to have direct contact with Greg Jortner yourself, since you passed his offer for a bet along. So I'm thinking your Greg. Is that you Jortner? Come on now...

I get it to heck with Q.C. They're cons and frauds and should not be dealt with!!!

And your a shill for who? (shrug)

I'm not sure who is being called a fraud here. Was there some sort of gramatical error? Either way a little more respect should probably be shown toward Q.C.

I get it to heck with Q.C. They're cons and frauds and should not be dealt with!!!

I'm not sure who is being called a fraud here. Was there some sort of gramatical error? Either way a little more respect should probably be shown toward Q.C.

Honcho34, who's probably Greg Jortner, is calling Q.C. a fraud, while offering absolutely nothing to support the statement, and trying to get the focus away from the fact that he and, by unfortunate association, Silver Age Comics are themselves frauds. Does that about sum it up there Greg?

Honcho34, who's probably Greg Jortner, is calling Q.C. a fraud, while offering absolutely nothing to support the statement, and trying to get the focus away from the fact that he and, by unfortunate association, Silver Age Comics are themselves frauds. Does that about sum it up there Greg?

Looks like that might be the case.

Alright my name is Stephen and maybe I was taken out of context. I'm not in contact with greg i just called him out thats all.He sent me the text (didnt know his name was greg til now) and here i am.