• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long do you wait for a response before you get worried?

60 posts in this topic

I can relate. I always worry on any transactions over a hundred bucks. Probably because that is about all I can spend on books at one time 50% of the time. But I have done deals with members here for a few hundred dollars at a clip and had no problems. I wouldnt sweat it too much. But I would still be upset if someone had my money (over $500) and wasnt talking to me, so I can certainly relate.

Everything will work out in the end

So are you getting ready to rat him out yet? 10 days is way too long but if he has not posted anything in those 10 days then he might have a legit reason. But if that was me I would still bend over backwards to let you know that I had an emergency and it would be a few days. It's not that hard to find someone with internet access anymore....

I know who it is and it's a well known and fairly reliable board member. I wouldn't worry. Stuff happens.

Phi, Donut might even have contact info for him.

R.

I know who it is and it's a well known and fairly reliable board member. I wouldn't worry. Stuff happens.

Phi, Donut might even have contact info for him.

R.

Yeah if he is well known and reliable then I wouldn't worry too much. If he was fairly new then he might have taken the $$$ and run but a well known person wouldn't go that route. Just think happy thoughts and breath deep breaths hehe... :cloud9:

Yeah if he is well known and reliable then I wouldn't worry too much. If he was fairly new then he might have taken the $$$ and run but a well known person wouldn't go that route.

Not to disagree, but this isn't always the case. The best advice is to CYA. :hi:

Yeah if he is well known and reliable then I wouldn't worry too much. If he was fairly new then he might have taken the $$$ and run but a well known person wouldn't go that route.

Not to disagree, but this isn't always the case. The best advice is to CYA. :hi:

Absolutely...but he still has time, right?

Sure, I wouldn't freak out until a couple of weeks have passed.

Yeah that is true. Always use caution. Just hope more people would care about their reputations and not screw over a fellow member. But it's happened before and I'm sure it will happen again. It's the nature of the beast.

Two weeks is enough time for anyone to at least drop a line. Even if nothing is wrong at that point I would start covering MA and alert paypal.

Personally I think the 30 day rule in outing someone is way too long. 2 weks or 15 days is enough time for any transaction to take place. You can buy a car or house in less time.

Two weeks is enough time for anyone to at least drop a line. Even if nothing is wrong at that point I would start covering MA and alert paypal.

Personally I think the 30 day rule in outing someone is way too long. 2 weks or 15 days is enough time for any transaction to take place. You can buy a car or house in less time.

:eek: im 17 days into waiting for a board purchase :(

It's not me is it?

Does the person know that you bought the comic from them? If they do then to me it's unacceptable for them to not even respond that they have your money let alone that they haven't sent your book within 10 days. :sumo:

I'm in a similar boat right now with an almost 2 week lapse in contact when a decent-sized deal was supposed to be consummated before the end of August. Since I'm not out any money and there is a possibility of an issue on his end... I hesitate to do anything but continue to wait patiently and hope nothing is wrong with this fellow or his family.

That said, PM me so we're can determine if we're talking about the same individual.

It's not me is it?

no lol

I'm in a similar boat right now with an almost 2 week lapse in contact when a decent-sized deal was supposed to be consummated before the end of August. Since, I'm not out any money and there is a possibility of an issue on his end... I hesitate to do anything but continue to wait patiently and hope nothing is wrong with this fellow or his family.

That said, PM me so we're can determine if we're talking about the same individual.

pm sent