• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Decided to go see whats in the local antique stores today

32 posts in this topic

Well I went to 3 stores today and the first store had a box on the floor with some magazines and I found a copy Strange Suspense stories # 33 from 1957 in there for $6.00 so I got it and then I noticed a big zip up bag in the back of the box. It was a bag full of items from the 1939 New York Worlds fair so I check it out and sure enough there is a copy of 1939 worlds fair comic included! It's in rough shape and coverless but still thought it was a cool find for just driving 10 miles down the road. Just thought I would share...

1939 WFC is worth about $2000 in Good.

What did ya pay for it? :D

Is it the 1st Sandman or not?

I've heard otherwise. (shrug)

I paid $50 for the bag which included the comic. I'm a big history guy so there was a lot of things in there that I liked, eventhough I only bought it for the comic :grin:

Well I looked in the registry and there are only 43 of the worlds fair from 1939 that have ever been graded. Do you think it would be worth grading and what do you think it would grade? NG? 0.5?

Don't slab it. Throw it up on eBay as a coverless copy, and you'll get $200-300 for it. Slabbing it will, if anything, make you less money.

I'm more interested in the OTHER World's Fair stuff. What's in there????

Well I looked in the registry and there are only 43 of the worlds fair from 1939 that have ever been graded. Do you think it would be worth grading and what do you think it would grade? NG? 0.5?

Don't slab it. Throw it up on eBay as a coverless copy, and you'll get $200-300 for it. Slabbing it will, if anything, make you less money.

Here is the list that was attached with the bag. There was a lot of stuff included

ScannedImage-3-1.jpg

Here is the list that was attached with the bag. There was a lot of stuff included

ScannedImage-3-1.jpg

That's a fabulous find for $50. I'd be really interested in the maps, if you want to break them up. I have no idea what the value is, but they're probably very cool.

ScannedImage-3-1.jpg

Wow, what a $50 haul!

"Blazing Trail Through Chemistry" -- ooohhh!

What's that like? Illustrated text? Any chance of seeing a scan or two?

Thanks,

Jack