• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about the official who's going to the NY show?

34 posts in this topic

Any other members / lurkers interested? The more the merrier,

DAM

Dam,

not sure if I can make the show as I have a commitment Sat. am in Atlantic City but would love to get together for dinner. Let me know when and where as I'll be in Manhatten by six or so.

thumbsup2.gif

Dinner is fast approaching!! We'll meet at 8:00pm at

SHUN LEE PALACE

155 E 55TH ST

between Lexington and Third Avenues

NEW YORK, NY 10022

(212) 371-8844

Here's how to get there from the con:

on 18th and 7th there is a 1/9 subway from the 1/9 you can:

1 - take the 1/9 to 50th Street and walk cross town

2 - take the 1/9 to 42nd St Times Square and take the "S" Shuttle train to 42nd St Grand Central and from there you can either:

a - walk to the restauraunt

b - take the 6 train to 51st St and Lexington and walk.

If you take option #1 it should take about 35 minutes; #2a will take around 35-40min and #2b will take around 40-45min (roughly, this all depends on how quickly you catch a train and how fast or slow you walk - I am assuming a bit of a train wait and slow walking in all cases)

If you want to take a taxi there it would probably cost $7 with tip (probably take 10-15min depending o traffic)

For dinner attendees I have:

1 - Steve B

2 - Paul Litch

3 - me

4 - Foolkiller +2

5 - Hoodeedoo

6 - Buena Vista

7 - kevthemev

8 - Paradise Comics

9 - the Rocketeer

10 - Shadroch

Everyone is welcome but please let me know ASAP as we are going to put in a reservation tomorrow evening.

Thanks guys,

DAM

Dinner is fast approaching!! We'll meet at 8:00pm at

SHUN LEE PALACE

155 E 55TH ST

between Lexington and Third Avenues

NEW YORK, NY 10022

(212) 371-8844

on 18th and 7th there is a 1/9 subway from the 1/9 you can:

1 - take the 1/9 to 50th Street and walk cross town

2 - take the 1/9 to 42nd St Times Square and take the "S" Shuttle train to 42nd St Grand Central and from there you can either:

a - walk to the restauraunt

b - take the 6 train to 51st St and Lexington and walk.

If you take option #1 it should take about 35 minutes; #2a will take around 35-40min and #2b will take around 40-45min (roughly, this all depends on how quickly you catch a train and how fast or slow you walk - I am assuming a bit of a train wait and slow walking in all cases)

If you want to take a taxi there it would probably cost $7 with tip (probably take 10-15min depending o traffic)

For dinner attendees I have:

1 - Steve B

2 - Paul Litch

3 - me

4 - Foolkiller +2

5 - Hoodeedoo

6 - Buena Vista

7 - kevthemev

8 - Paradise Comics

9 - the Rocketeer

10 - Shadroch

Everyone is welcome but please let me know ASAP as we are going to put in a reservation tomorrow evening.

Thanks guys,

DAM

Dam,

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out of the dinner, but I hope to meet some folks at the show.

Some alternate directions tho ---

Assuming the E-train is running on it's normal line (often it doesn't on the weekends) another way to go is to walk to 14th Street & 8th Ave and get on the uptown E train. Seven stops after that is Lex & 51st St, just a few blocks away.

Have fun!

on 18th and 7th there is a 1/9 subway

You know I lived in New York for 28 years and always heard myths and rumors of this magical underground train that takes people all over the city,...I've never seen one and refuse to believe they exist.

Hey:

Please come by the ACTOR table and see me and DAM if you have a chance, especially if you aren't going to make the dinner on Saturday night. We'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday for the first couple of hourse.

I look forward to meeting many of you!

IMPORTANT EDIT FOR THE CGC DINNER TOMORROW -

We are going to Shun Lee WEST - NOT EAST!!

New locale:

SHUN LEE WEST LINCOLN CENTER

43 W 65TH ST, NEW YORK, NY 10023

Phone: (212) 595-8895

Thanks guys,

DAM