• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Copper Arc

32 posts in this topic

New Teen Titans #28-44 & Annual #3 (the whole Terra storyline, give or take an issue or two). It made such an impression on me at the time. Excellent writing & artwork, with depth of characterization rarely equalled in comics.

But nostalgia aside, it's hard to think of copper arcs much better than Miller's Born Again and Year One storylines.

Grant Morrison's run on Animal Man (#1-26, I think it was). Especially issue #5, "The Coyote Gospel." A haunting allegorical tale starring a Wile E. Coyote character. Imaginative work. The whole run dissected the relationship between character, author, and audience.

Grant Morrison's run on Animal Man (#1-26, I think it was). Especially issue #5, "The Coyote Gospel." A haunting allegorical tale starring a Wile E. Coyote character. Imaginative work. The whole run dissected the relationship between character, author, and audience.

That was a great storyline, but wouldnt that be modern, not copper?

The Great Darkness Saga. LOSH 290-294. A great cosmic, all-encompassing storyline, with a ton of history and a lot of really unique concepts in the DC universe

Titans 28-44, annuals 2,3. Wolfman and Perez hit all the right notes with this run, and these issues were the high water mark.

Loved 'Born Again' as well, but, like JC said, the Nuke plot piece seemed to ruin the rhythm of the story.

Byrne's FF was great as well...

I recently re-read those Thor issues as well, and I have to agree.

I wanted to add something from Nexus, but really, the entire series would have to be present and that doesn't help much. Ditto with Grendel. Although, speaking of Grendel, I will submit Mage and the "Devil By The Deed" Grendel back ups in them. So that's a two-fer!

The Paul Smith run (as short as it was) on Doctor Strange is another good un.

-B