• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THERE IS NOW A DD 7 CGC 9.6

176 posts in this topic

you have to admit it would suck if you bought this book thinking it's a true blue one of a kind example of a 43 year old comic. surviving all this time in near perfect condition.

only to find out it's a processed 9.6 :tonofbricks: not one of a kind at all.

As I said earlier, if you were the owner of one of the 9.4s, you'd also be elated to discover that your prize copy has just be devalued due to the manipulation of an inferior book.

Ah, the thrills and spills of restoration loopholes. :cloud9:

you have to admit it would suck if you bought this book thinking it's a true blue one of a kind example of a 43 year old comic. surviving all this time in near perfect condition.

So there is another 9.6 somewhere?

I musta missed that memo

Given that Pacific Coast has multiple copies of many issues, how do we know for sure this is the copy that used to be 9.2?

Way back when, both PC copies were 9.2s. I bought one of them raw from Roter and it slabbed a 9.2. I believe the book in this thread was first slabbed by Linmoth.

I didnt see anything stating it was pressed....

Quite.

Proactive disclosure has never been Mr Schmell's strong suit.

Not in his last job, and not in this one.

As I said earlier, if you were the owner of one of the 9.4s, you'd also be elated to discover that your prize copy has just be devalued due to the manipulation of an inferior book.

Nick, I understand your point, but as far as the 9.4s are concerned, there isn't anything that would have prevented a 9.6 from showing up by "natural" means and devaluing them anyway.

Given that Pacific Coast has multiple copies of many issues, how do we know for sure this is the copy that used to be 9.2?

Way back when, both PC copies were 9.2s. I bought one of them raw from Roter and it slabbed a 9.2. I believe the book in this thread was first slabbed by Linmoth.

Thanks for the info. :applause:

This one's really got its sh!te together since then, clearly. meh

Thanks for the info. :applause:

This one's really got its sh!te together since then, clearly. meh

:roflmao:

Nick, I understand your point, but as far as the 9.4s are concerned, there isn't anything that would have prevented a 9.6 from showing up by "natural" means and devaluing them anyway.

I accept that.

But that's not what happened. It's like running the 100 metres at the Olympics and getting the Silver because a better athlete beat you.

And then finding out he was using steroids.

One you can accept, the other...not so much. :(

So there is another 9.6 somewhere?

I musta missed that memo

Not to worry Arex. I'm sure another will be manufactured soon enough. ;)

I didnt see anything stating it was pressed....

:roflmao:

1. It's pressed. It is no longer a pedigree. Pedigree books that are pressed have lost the history.

That seems to be a bit of an extreme view on pressed pedigrees, no? Might as well start taking the pedigree notation off most of the books on the market if that is the case.

Let's go one better. Let's say that only raw pedigrees still retain their pedigree status. By being slabbed we have altered its past as well as its future. We can have a motto, "Once it's slabbed that's just too bad."

"Once entombed, the book is doomed".

You have been waiting for just the right time to whip that one out, haven't you?

Im thinking so also.That was awfully quick

Dennis

PS doing my part to 100 pages

Roy, are you serious with these comments lately?

If that is the old PC copy I thought even at 9.4 it was borderline but CGC has always been a bit more loose on tough books.

Where are you getting this information from?

Bob, what are you...knew?

:baiting:

This is one book, I'm talking about your general statement that tough books are graded looser.

Didn't you just post in another thread that you can't grade from a scan. So what exactly is different about this scan that's going to tell me it's graded looser?

Tough Silver age books? I've owned quite a few tough books and I didn't think they were loose on them at all.

Tough Golden Age books?

Just DD #7's?

Bob, I always felt DD #7 got a bit of a gift...that was one book I considered a grail and always followed. Other books that are tough in grade like JIM #89 I though got a bit of a "break" as well. There's no rule...just my observation.

Again I could be totally wrong but these are my experiences...

I mean you tell me what a hi grade DC from the same era would grade if it had a "printer's wrinkle" across the cover (I'm simply assuming it's there cause I've never see a copy without one), three tiny chips and spine stress.

(shrug)

I find Action #242 (is that the Brainiac one?) to also get treated differently.

R.